1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Can I use a micro 4/3 lens on Nikon DSLR?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by hillwalkinggirl, Oct 31, 2011.

1. hillwalkinggirl

hillwalkinggirl Mu-43 Regular

Feb 9, 2011
    Barbara
    I was just thinking. I use my Nikon lenses on my G series, but is it possible to get an adapter which would let me use my micro 4/3 lens on my Nikon D7000? It would be really nice to be able to use my pancake lens on the Nikon.

2. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    nope......distance from lens flange to sensor is too far...oh and the image it would project if you could get the lens close enough would have rounded corners as it was designed to project the image onto a smaller sensor

...and thats before you even think about the electrical communication between the body and the lens to control focus and aperture

K

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Nope. The m43 lenses are designed to provide light to a notably smaller sensor than your D7000. Your Nikon lenses are designed to provide light to a larger sensor, so they work with m43, providing light to a more than large enough area to cover the sensor. If you could somehow kludge something together to use your m43 lenses on your D7000, the edges and corners of your shots would be dark - SERIOUS vignetting.

-Ray

• Like Like x 1
  4. hillwalkinggirl

hillwalkinggirl Mu-43 Regular

Feb 9, 2011
    Barbara
    Thank you both. I didn't really think it would work but thank you both for explaining why.