1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Can I do anything with a Canon 177a flash and a G1?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by lstzephyr, May 31, 2011.

1. lstzephyr

lstzephyr Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2011
    Hi,

I have a Canon 177a I used on my AE-1 and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas to put it to use with my G1. Can I use a remote trigger, or some sort of off camera setup for it? I'm not so sure I want to stick it in my hotshoe and see what happens, so I'm looking for other ideas. If someone knows for sure it wouldn't fry anything I might try it. I have found online that it has a trigger voltage of 6.77 volts. I will check the trigger voltage myself though.

Thoughts? I paid too much for the flash at the local camera shop so I figure I might try to put it to use doing something.

An off camera flash bracket with a wireless trigger was my idea. I would rather fry a 25 dollar trigger than my beloved G1! Something along the lines of this.

34688d1242452573-diy-read-cheap-safe-sync-teddyandsupera-.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.