Can I disable E-PM2 shutting down after 10 minutes of inactivity?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by relic, May 10, 2016.

1. relic

relic Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 21, 2010
    After about 10 minutes of inactivity, my E-PM2 shuts down automatically (turns off, not sleeps). The only setting that I found was "sleep" which doesn't help. I searched this forum and Googled, but have not discovered any solution. Is there one? Many thanks!

2. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Apr 4, 2010
    It doesn't look like there is a setting - on my E-PM1 you can set an inactive sleep time but mine only has three options between 1 & 5min. E-PM2 Manual indicates that 5min after that it will shut-down. Also says that it won't sleep if you have multiple exposure mode set - handy but it'd be nicer if it gave you more flexibility in general around sleep/shutdown times.

3. relic

relic Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Thank you very much, phigmov, for taking the trouble to go through the manual. I did try to go through it, and searched the PDF file, but I couldn't find a solution. My camera is set in multimple exposure (if that means "sequential"): I had it in sequential Low + anti-shock, and I now tried in sequentlial High with and without anti-shock but it always shuts off after 10 minutes. In sleep mode (can be set 1 to 5 minutes as you said) it "sleeps" but doesn't turn off, so pressing the shutter button (half or full press) "wakes" it up. But when it is off, I have to press the power button to turn it on again, which is a pain, because I cannot do that remotely. It looks like there is no setting to disable auto shutdown.
    Again, I very much appreciate your having gone to the trouble, and thanks for the information on how to disable the "sleep" mode (as a side effect of multiple exposure) which I also didn't know.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.