1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Can I Change/Disable OMD-EM5 Auto-Review?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Winter, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Winter

Winter Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 23, 2012
    Portland Maine
    I've tried searching Google for an answer, but I can't find a way without the word "review" in there, which means I'm not finding what I need.

When I take a photo with my OMD-EM5 the screen/EVF blacks out, then displays the shot I just took, before finally going back to being "live." All in all, it ties up my camera for a goodly chunk of time. On my old 60D I know I could change/turn off the review time on the LCD, and being an OVF, I could shoot again as soon as the curtain had cleared.

I find that with the OMD if I'm shooting a performance for instance, by the time I get use of my camera back, the artist may well have moved to the other side of the stage. Pets and small children are likewise problematic, and I spend a lot of time just trying to get back on target. Not to mention missing a lot of action while the review is being displayed.

I don't begrudge the blackout, that's just part of digital cameras, although the OMD's seems a bit long, but is there a way to disable the image review, or is loosing the camera for around a second or more per shot just part of having a mirrorless camera?

2. mdg

mdg New to Mu-43

Aug 22, 2012
    Go to Menu --> Setup Menu --> Rec View and select the Off option

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Winter

Winter Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 23, 2012
    Portland Maine
    Awesome! Thank you so much. For some reason even after much poking around in the menues, I didn't realize that's what I was looking for.