Can I Change/Disable OMD-EM5 Auto-Review?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Winter, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Winter

Winter Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 23, 2012
    Portland Maine
    I've tried searching Google for an answer, but I can't find a way without the word "review" in there, which means I'm not finding what I need.

When I take a photo with my OMD-EM5 the screen/EVF blacks out, then displays the shot I just took, before finally going back to being "live." All in all, it ties up my camera for a goodly chunk of time. On my old 60D I know I could change/turn off the review time on the LCD, and being an OVF, I could shoot again as soon as the curtain had cleared.

I find that with the OMD if I'm shooting a performance for instance, by the time I get use of my camera back, the artist may well have moved to the other side of the stage. Pets and small children are likewise problematic, and I spend a lot of time just trying to get back on target. Not to mention missing a lot of action while the review is being displayed.

I don't begrudge the blackout, that's just part of digital cameras, although the OMD's seems a bit long, but is there a way to disable the image review, or is loosing the camera for around a second or more per shot just part of having a mirrorless camera?

2. mdg

mdg New to Mu-43

Aug 22, 2012
    Go to Menu --> Setup Menu --> Rec View and select the Off option

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Winter

Winter Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 23, 2012
    Portland Maine
    Awesome! Thank you so much. For some reason even after much poking around in the menues, I didn't realize that's what I was looking for.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.