1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Can E-M5 do sequential shooting with timer?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by BeyondTheLines, Jun 6, 2013.

1. BeyondTheLines

BeyondTheLines Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 23, 2012
    Spain/USA
    Patrick
    I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this is going to be no but I had to make sure. I used to have a Fuji that could do both at the same time and it's a function I found very useful. My E-PL2 couldn't and I'm guessing the E-M5 can't either but it's a complex camera so I wanted to make sure.

2. With_Eyes_Unclouded

With_Eyes_Unclouded Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 17, 2012
    Vassilios
    If there is a way nobody seems to have found it yet. The closest you can get (more relevant to time lapse) is this:
    Source: E-M5 &gt Frequently Asked Questions

3. BeyondTheLines

Sep 23, 2012
    Spain/USA
    Patrick
    Actually that's pretty useful too since I recently started to experiment with time lapse and wasn't sure how to leave a second in-between multiple 30-second exposures with the remote shutter release locked. I'll have to experiment with this with the sequential shooting option also to see if it will work for me, I guess I could set up a MySet so that it's ready to go when I need it. Thanks :thumbup:

4. digitaldan1

digitaldan1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    You might look into Trigger Trap. This is an iPhone operated remote cable that connects your iPhone (if you have one) and E-M5 and provides a variety of shooting options. I don't know if they have a version for other types of smart phones. I do know it offers a variety of long exposure and remote controls with the E-M5.

5. BeyondTheLines

Sep 23, 2012
    Spain/USA
    Patrick
    I have looked at Trigger Trap before but didn't feel like I really needed it. I think with the anti-shock function on the E-M5 I should be fine for time-lapse photography. Unfortunately what I was hoping to do was sequential shooting/bracketing while using the timer on the E-M5 but it appears there's no way to do that without the anti-shock time being added in-between each shot.

6. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    How about using a remote with a built-in intervalmeter? They can be had for around $20-30, if memory serves...

7. BeyondTheLines

Sep 23, 2012
    Spain/USA
    Patrick
    This could be a solution in some circumstances but what I was really hoping to find was a way to do all this in-camera. I might be wrong but I think even with an intervalometer I'd still have trouble accomplishing what I'd want to do which is set a timer and then fire off 3-7 shots in burst mode. I think the way Olympus has sequential shooting/bracketing set up, I'd have to lock the shutter and it would keep firing shots off until I'd be able to unlock it again. I'd prefer to fire off a set number of frames.