Can E-M5 do sequential shooting with timer?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by BeyondTheLines, Jun 6, 2013.

1. BeyondTheLines

BeyondTheLines Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 23, 2012
    Spain/USA
    Patrick
    I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this is going to be no but I had to make sure. I used to have a Fuji that could do both at the same time and it's a function I found very useful. My E-PL2 couldn't and I'm guessing the E-M5 can't either but it's a complex camera so I wanted to make sure.

2. With_Eyes_Unclouded

With_Eyes_Unclouded Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 17, 2012
    Vassilios
    If there is a way nobody seems to have found it yet. The closest you can get (more relevant to time lapse) is this:
    Source: E-M5 &gt Frequently Asked Questions

3. BeyondTheLines

Sep 23, 2012
    Spain/USA
    Patrick
    Actually that's pretty useful too since I recently started to experiment with time lapse and wasn't sure how to leave a second in-between multiple 30-second exposures with the remote shutter release locked. I'll have to experiment with this with the sequential shooting option also to see if it will work for me, I guess I could set up a MySet so that it's ready to go when I need it. Thanks :thumbup:

4. digitaldan1

digitaldan1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    You might look into Trigger Trap. This is an iPhone operated remote cable that connects your iPhone (if you have one) and E-M5 and provides a variety of shooting options. I don't know if they have a version for other types of smart phones. I do know it offers a variety of long exposure and remote controls with the E-M5.

5. BeyondTheLines

Sep 23, 2012
    Spain/USA
    Patrick
    I have looked at Trigger Trap before but didn't feel like I really needed it. I think with the anti-shock function on the E-M5 I should be fine for time-lapse photography. Unfortunately what I was hoping to do was sequential shooting/bracketing while using the timer on the E-M5 but it appears there's no way to do that without the anti-shock time being added in-between each shot.

6. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    How about using a remote with a built-in intervalmeter? They can be had for around $20-30, if memory serves...

7. BeyondTheLines

Sep 23, 2012
    Spain/USA
    Patrick
    This could be a solution in some circumstances but what I was really hoping to find was a way to do all this in-camera. I might be wrong but I think even with an intervalometer I'd still have trouble accomplishing what I'd want to do which is set a timer and then fire off 3-7 shots in burst mode. I think the way Olympus has sequential shooting/bracketing set up, I'd have to lock the shutter and it would keep firing shots off until I'd be able to unlock it again. I'd prefer to fire off a set number of frames.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.