Can anyone give me a rundown on Pentax 110 lenses?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Jeff Bennett, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Jeff Bennett

Jeff Bennett Mu-43 Regular

Aug 23, 2011
    Memphis
    A quick primer on the proper camera settings etc for my E-PL2 and how to get it to know the aperture is 2.8 and meter correctly and set the correct shutter speed. My adapter came the other day and my 70mm got here today. Still waiting on a set IO bought with 18,24 and 50 lens but I realized I really don't know how to set the camera up properly. :confused:

2. The camera doesn't need to know the exact aperture. It will meter based on the light transmtiing through the lens. I prefer to set the camera to P mode and assign exposure compensation to the main control wheel so that it can be adjusted quickly if required. There is not a lot of point in using A mode since the control wheel will not have any function without a native lens attached.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Thanks for the tip, Nic. I was just shooting in Aperture Priority mode.

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Manual mode seems to work best for me. Auto-ISO if I want more point-and-shoot control with a broad range before the camera needs further adjustment, or set ISO if I want to be able to adjust over/under the camera's reading easily (exposure comp).

I never even thought to try Program mode (I'm not sure if my camera will go into that, lol), so I wouldn't know how well that works.

5. Jeff Bennett

Jeff Bennett Mu-43 Regular

Aug 23, 2011
    Memphis
  6. BAKatz

BAKatz Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 9, 2010
    Riverdale, NY
    Pentax 110 lenses were used for what is arguably the smallest SLR ever made , the Pentax Auto 110. It has a bit of a cult following. They are available on E-Bay. Buying and processing the 110 film are the only barriers to using this camera. Dwaynes Photo will process it. Limited availability to purchase 110 though. I've thought about getting one, but the prices are high for what is essentially an obsolete camera ( though cool ).

7. drizek

drizek Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 5, 2011
    Make sure to set the IS manuall to the right focal length.

• Like Like x 1