Can a m4/3'rds camera match this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

Mu-43 Regular
Sorry but I'm going to stick my neck out here and I am not trying to be mean and nasty or flame the creator but...
I have not read all the comments to see if any one else sees the same as I do but the red (maple?) leaves do not constitute good image quality no matter what camera or type of sensor it came from. The reds are way over saturated and exhibit no tonal contrast or micro contrast within the red coloured areas what so ever. It could be caused by the rendering qualities of the lens used or the post processing I don't know, not enough inputs, but certainly to compare sensors with this IQ is naive. If I were the camera manufacturer I would be a bit ashamed. I saw the very same thing with the test images published with the Fuji X10 when it was first released and I was very surprized to say the least. I even did a full monitor calibration just to make sure it was not me!
The set of images that really sing are those from the Sigma DP2. Those are wonderful from such a small sensor. I am going to take a second look at that camera...

Real Name
Nic
Agree on the Foveon Sigma having the most noticeably different output, but that camera does not have a small sensor; it's size is somewhere between m4/3 and APS-C.

digitalandfilm

Mu-43 All-Pro
I'm happy to say that, despite some naysayers, there *is* a difference- maybe very minor and not as noticeable to some. However, as an artist and "painter with light" I will use my newly acquired Nikon D300s for a majority of my work and the GH2 as "second fiddle" and for the times when lugging around a full-size DSLR is undesirable.

I had planned on getting the Pentax K5, which tommorrow will be $989 on Amazon.. but after a few scary PM's and perceived QC issues- I decided on a Nikon.

Finding one was like finding Hens Teeth because of the Tsunami and Floods, but one was found (in all places) at Best Buy... a single solitary box that just came off the truck and it was bought.

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
So what do u say about these shots???

Here are three shots from Oly EPL1 and 17 mm combo. I don't think DSLR could have done better job than this one. We have everything here..DR ..Bokeh..smooth ..creamy ..punch.. vibrant colours... yes MFT has everything and beware--These are OOC JPEGs
Cheers

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Amin Sabet

Administrator
I'm happy to say that, despite some naysayers, there *is* a difference- maybe very minor and not as noticeable to some. However, as an artist and "painter with light" I will use my newly acquired Nikon D300s for a majority of my work and the GH2 as "second fiddle" and for the times when lugging around a full-size DSLR is undesirable.

I had planned on getting the Pentax K5, which tommorrow will be $989 on Amazon.. but after a few scary PM's and perceived QC issues- I decided on a Nikon.

Finding one was like finding Hens Teeth because of the Tsunami and Floods, but one was found (in all places) at Best Buy... a single solitary box that just came off the truck and it was bought.
It seems to me that this thread is essentially trolling, so it ends here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom