1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Cameta has refurb OMDs in stock

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by WT21, May 2, 2013.

1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I've been on the fence. Wanting a bit more direct control than what my EPL4 is giving me. With the EP5 announced, and no integrated EVF, I think I'll get a refurb OMD.

I called Cameta, because while their website says no refurb in stock, I saw a listing for a Cameta refurb OMD on Amazon.

Sales rep I spoke with says they have both black and silver refurb with 12-50 lens and also silver body only refurb in stock (they could have other configurations, but I didn't ask about any others). They had 2, and I got one. $829. a bit more than I was looking to spend, but a 1 year warranty is nice. Cameta.com, but given them a call directly if you are looking, as the website says Q=0.

(I have no connection to Cameta, and in fact usually buy from B&H. Just passing along a deal).

2. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    Staying true to your descriptor above I see...;-) Did you churn any gear in order to pick this one up?

3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    The EPL5 and VF2 will go.

This isn't a churn! Honest! I have actually made peace with my 6D as my "big body" and RX100 as my pocket camera. I love my EPL5, but I just need the better controls. I think of it as an upgrade, since the EP5 isn't really want I want :)

If I sell this once the EP5 comes out, then I'll have to go into rehab.

Did you sell your Fuji?

4. Y2K

Y2K Mu-43 Regular

Nov 19, 2012
    MA
    Yefim
    Yea, it is always a good idea to call/email Cameta even if they have things listed OOO. I got a refurbished E-PL3 that way as well as a couple of lenses.

5. DeoreDX

DeoreDX Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 13, 2013
    Alabama
    I'll check their e-bay page because normally if they only have a couple of something it's more likely to be listed there before the web page. That's how I got my refurb silver E-PM1 when all they had was black in stock on the web page.

6. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    I got an EM5 from them last Dec. for...$829. They seem to be holding value. The camera has been flawless BTW.

7. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    I returned the X-E1 and replaced it with an X100S which I'm quite happy with. I kept my 5DII and my E-PL1, however, I sold all my 35mm-40mm equivalent lenses as I like shooting with the X100S so much.

8. wanderenvy

wanderenvy Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2012
    @WT21 and @Y2K - Thanks for the tip on calling Cameta. Just picked up a refurb E-PM1 as a gift for someone wanting to upgrade from a point and shoot. There were none listed on the website but I came across a listing on ebay and called their sales number.

If you buy on ebay, there is a $10 shipping charge. Order by phone directly and you get free shipping :)