Cameta has refurb OMDs in stock

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by WT21, May 2, 2013.

1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I've been on the fence. Wanting a bit more direct control than what my EPL4 is giving me. With the EP5 announced, and no integrated EVF, I think I'll get a refurb OMD.

I called Cameta, because while their website says no refurb in stock, I saw a listing for a Cameta refurb OMD on Amazon.

Sales rep I spoke with says they have both black and silver refurb with 12-50 lens and also silver body only refurb in stock (they could have other configurations, but I didn't ask about any others). They had 2, and I got one. $829. a bit more than I was looking to spend, but a 1 year warranty is nice. Cameta.com, but given them a call directly if you are looking, as the website says Q=0.

(I have no connection to Cameta, and in fact usually buy from B&H. Just passing along a deal).

2. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    Staying true to your descriptor above I see...;-) Did you churn any gear in order to pick this one up?

3. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    The EPL5 and VF2 will go.

This isn't a churn! Honest! I have actually made peace with my 6D as my "big body" and RX100 as my pocket camera. I love my EPL5, but I just need the better controls. I think of it as an upgrade, since the EP5 isn't really want I want :)

If I sell this once the EP5 comes out, then I'll have to go into rehab.

Did you sell your Fuji?

4. Y2K

Y2K Mu-43 Regular

Nov 19, 2012
    MA
    Yefim
    Yea, it is always a good idea to call/email Cameta even if they have things listed OOO. I got a refurbished E-PL3 that way as well as a couple of lenses.

5. DeoreDX

DeoreDX Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 13, 2013
    Alabama
    I'll check their e-bay page because normally if they only have a couple of something it's more likely to be listed there before the web page. That's how I got my refurb silver E-PM1 when all they had was black in stock on the web page.

6. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    I got an EM5 from them last Dec. for...$829. They seem to be holding value. The camera has been flawless BTW.

7. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    I returned the X-E1 and replaced it with an X100S which I'm quite happy with. I kept my 5DII and my E-PL1, however, I sold all my 35mm-40mm equivalent lenses as I like shooting with the X100S so much.

8. wanderenvy

wanderenvy Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2012
    @WT21 and @Y2K - Thanks for the tip on calling Cameta. Just picked up a refurb E-PM1 as a gift for someone wanting to upgrade from a point and shoot. There were none listed on the website but I came across a listing on ebay and called their sales number.

If you buy on ebay, there is a $10 shipping charge. Order by phone directly and you get free shipping :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.