1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Cameta Camera to carry Panasonic ILCs

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by DeeJayK, Apr 17, 2013.

1. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Was just looking at Cameta Camera's website and I noticed that they have added a link that indicates that they will soon be carrying Panasonic :43: equipment. As this has been a great site for Olympus bargains (particularly refurb deals), I can only hope that they will offer similarly competitive pricing on Panasonic bodies and lenses. If so, that's great news for the bargain hunters and cheapskates among us.

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I'm not particularly interested in the bodies, but I have several Panny lenses - good news, indeed! :biggrin:

3. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    I consider Cameta the open-box and refurb king. I've gotten some great deals there on such gear.

4. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    +1

--
    Sent from my phone. Please pardon my brevity!

5. jziegler

jziegler Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2012
    Salem County, New Jersey
    James
    Good news indeed. I've used them for Olympus and Nikon refurb, and they do have some good deals, and I've been pleased with the service.

6. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Great news! I buy about a third to half of my gear from them. Now they will have one more brand to choose from.:thumbup:

7. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    The wait is over. The first Panasonic :43: products have arrived on Cameta's site. The only product they are currently listing is the G5 (in various kit incarnations), and the price ($500 w/ 14-42 kit zoom) is basically the same as everyone else has. I'm not seeing any Panny lenses on the site as yet.

8. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    It'll be even better when they start selling the refurbs, demos and the like. Most of what I've bought from them has been in that range.

9. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I agree. That's really what I go to Cameta for on the Olympus side. Lets hope that Panasonic gives them access to that sort of inventory. I don't know of any reliable source for refurbished Panasonic gear. It makes me wonder where that stuff is going.

10. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    It makes me wonder if they just don't like them going back out, which might be a mistake. When I started shopping for a camera "beyond point-and-shoot" last year, I was originally looking for a Panasonic G Series of some sort. The Cameta refurb deals got me in as an Olympus guy.

11. DeoreDX

DeoreDX Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 13, 2013
    Alabama
    The thing with the Panasonics they get such great prices brand new once discontinued it would have to be a heck of a deal to justify a refurb model.