Cameras Past Homage...

Discussion in 'This or That?' started by D7k1, Dec 25, 2015.

1. D7k1

D7k1 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2013
    I am very lucky in that I can really buy any equipment that I want, and I've been through a few. During this season when many get new gear, its a great time to think back on the stuff we had and used and sold/given to someone.

Here is my Homage to the EPL1/14-42 Original
    Giants in the Earth

Please post your Homage to a camera/lens of the past.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    My old E-520, the first dSLR camera I bought. Loved it. It eventually developed a weird problem with the sensor or the motherboard or something that resulted in these funky purple photos. I was still able to sell it on ebay for a few bucks.

This shot was taken with the Sigma 30/1.4 lens (in 4/3rds mount) which I still own and use occasionally.

[​IMG]013011-00.40.31 by Patrick, on Flickr
    • Like Like x 5
  3. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    My E-P3. It was the camera that got me back into photography again a bit over 4 years ago after a break of several decades.

I've been revisiting some old shots with some new processing techniques and came across this one from early 2012 which I'd never processed. Don't know why I passed it up at the time though I probably could not have done a good job with it back then. This was taken with the Oly 17mm F/2.8 pancake, a lens which gets a lot of undeserved criticism. It's certainly not the best lens we have but I don't think any of our lenses, including it, are bad.

Parkinson | 2012-04-10_4104867.jpg
    • Like Like x 5