Camera suction cup mount for interior windshield of car

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
any ideas on something that works?

a plastic one for $20 from Amazon did not...

I'd like to suspend a GX85 and prime lens for some videos in my car while driving

RichardC

Pastafarian minister
Real Name
Richard
Used Cullmann Touring Set if you can find one.

There's one on ebay US, but it's not exactly cheap and could be as much as 35 years old. The suction cup was brilliant though. You could swing on it.

Edit: looks in good order. There's a spike for screwing in to trees/fence posts, a substantial clamp, a ground spike and the suction cup. All of these parts take the ball head which is easily robust enough for MFT.

Edit edit: suppose you would need to invert the video though.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Legend
Manfrotto makes a suction cup gadget
Cant link to it as i dont know how to on my tablet, but a search should find it
They sell them in some Sydney stores

MetilHed

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Jeff
Delkin makes several suction cup mounts for cars, and whatever else.

Mike.K

Mu-43 Regular
any ideas on something that works?

a plastic one for $20 from Amazon did not...

I'd like to suspend a GX85 and prime lens for some videos in my car while driving
Whilst I cant actually recommend one , if you watch this Harry's Garage video on youtube at 9min 29 sec you will see what he uses for what looks like a fairly heavy camcorder. Could point you in the right direction. His video's are well worth watching if you like cars.

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
I've got the Delkin Fat Gecko Dual which I'm confidentwould support any m43 + prime combo you could throw at it. You'd probably have to mount it upside down to keep the suction cups out of your shot.

20210821_124326.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

- K

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
I've got the Delkin Fat Gecko Dual which I'm confidentwould support any m43 + prime combo you could throw at it. You'd probably have to mount it upside down to keep the suction cups out of your shot.

View attachment 904178

- K
In fact, I'd be willing to part with this one if you're located somewhere that shipping from Seattle would make sense. Message if interested.

- K

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
I'm a little worried about the flip down lock for the suction cup as that is why the one I bought doesn't grip. Or maybe it is just the cheap manf. quality of mine.

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
I'm a little worried about the flip down lock for the suction cup as that is why the one I bought doesn't grip. Or maybe it is just the cheap manf. quality of mine.
I can say that the Delkin feels very solid. Once it's attached to the windshield I can't pull it off. Even when I unlock it, it's not easy to remove.

The reason I chose this one is that the dual suction cups provide some extra measure of security. Even if one suction cup came loose, I don't doubt that the other cup could hold the entire apparatus. As long as you're not using something like the 150-450 zoom.

I've mounted this one to my vehicle's hood and taken videos of road trips with a GoPro.

- K

PakkyT

Mu-43 Legend
Keeping in mind that one is dual cups so even if one comes loose while driving, the other should at least save the rig from dropping off completely giving you time to grab it.

Latest threads

Top Bottom