1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Camera strap idea

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by newfie, Jul 24, 2015.

1. newfie

newfie Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 15, 2015
    Canada
    Ian
    image. image. image. image. Well, as you can see it's actually a hands free pet leash

I'll shorten the leash (camera strap) and there you have it, the most comfortable camera strap I've ever had! Fully adjustable, quick release Velcro, even has a zippered pocket.
    not sure about the 'pet logo' but for 3 bucks, I'll get over it.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    Great idea! Maybe you can put a leather washer or use a plastic clip to keep the clip from chipping the paint on the camera.

3. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    As Holoholo55 mentioned, a different clip is a must if you don't want to damage the camera finish. I think it's a great idea, but your wrist might get a little warm in the heat of Summer. The small pocket is prompting thoughts of all sorts of things to stash - lens cleaning cloth, lens cap, spare battery, cash or credit card, keys etc.
    I'll have to stop around at the nearest Dollarama to see if they have any on this end of the country.

4. newfie

newfie Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 15, 2015
    Canada
    Ian
    Haven't seen summer yet

I agree about a different clip. I was going to use one off the Olympus strap but I'm open to ideas.

5. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    We're finally getting the first decent rain in ages; BC has a horrible forest fire problem this year. Weather's been hot (25-30 Celsius) and sunny for over 2 months here on the coast, hotter in the Interior. We're a Stage 4 for water conservation.
    I don't know what the Olympus clip looks like but it will hopefully do the trick.

6. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    Or, one could make a braided nylon loop to go through the strap lug. Like some paracord or something similar. Doesn't have to be a clip unless you want a quick release of some kind. I use OpTech wrist straps which have that, but higher cost than your pet leash. :)