Camera store hands-on of GX7

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by frank2, Aug 16, 2013.

1. frank2

frank2 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 29, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    I went to see the GX7 at a panasonic event for two reasons, to get the feel of the grip and use the EVF.

The grip was great, much better to hold than previous Panasonic G series up to and including the G3, all the GF series, and anything Oly has made. I was very satisfied.

The EVF is far superior to my G3. The demo had an optional eyecup that made viewing with glasses very easy. Don't know what it would be like without it. The tilt works great allowing you to be more circumspect by tucking it closer to your body and tilting your head down.

It's a winner. All other specs are great and up to date. It's on my list for the grip and tilt EVF alone.
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Thanks for the report, Frank! It does sound like a winner.

I accidentally walked into a similar (I think) Olympus event for the E-M5 at my local brick and mortar before release. I think these type of events definitely have me more likely to buy local.... cool to get a hands-on and talk to the reps.
  3. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Looks like a great camera indeed.

I can get hands-on experience and hold/shoot almost all cameras that I want to buy in stores here, the problem is I can't talk to the reps without sounding soooo dumb. :frown: My Japanese is in kinder level. :redface:
  4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    On a side note,
    How many people were at the Panasonic event :confused:
  5. FastCorner

FastCorner Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2011
    How well does the EVF stay in the down position? How well does it stay in the up/tilted position?
  6. frank2

frank2 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 29, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Only about 5 the time I was there. Midwest Photo in Columbus.
  7. frank2

frank2 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 29, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    There is a very soft but sure click that holds it in the down position. When tilting it is very smooth and sure. Stays where you put it.
  8. gsciorio

gsciorio Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    At the event Rob Knight and I hosted at Showcase in Atlanta it was nearly packed.

9. Faceinthecrowd

Faceinthecrowd Mu-43 Regular

Apr 29, 2011
    What microphone was he using?
  10. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    If I am not working next wednesday, I will go to the one in Portland for sure.