Camera store hands-on of GX7

frank2

Mu-43 Regular
I went to see the GX7 at a panasonic event for two reasons, to get the feel of the grip and use the EVF.

The grip was great, much better to hold than previous Panasonic G series up to and including the G3, all the GF series, and anything Oly has made. I was very satisfied.

The EVF is far superior to my G3. The demo had an optional eyecup that made viewing with glasses very easy. Don't know what it would be like without it. The tilt works great allowing you to be more circumspect by tucking it closer to your body and tilting your head down.

It's a winner. All other specs are great and up to date. It's on my list for the grip and tilt EVF alone.

krugorg

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Thanks for the report, Frank! It does sound like a winner.

I accidentally walked into a similar (I think) Olympus event for the E-M5 at my local brick and mortar before release. I think these type of events definitely have me more likely to buy local.... cool to get a hands-on and talk to the reps.

monk3y

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steven
Thanks for the report, Frank! It does sound like a winner.

I accidentally walked into a similar (I think) Olympus event for the E-M5 at my local brick and mortar before release. I think these type of events definitely have me more likely to buy local.... cool to get a hands-on and talk to the reps.
Looks like a great camera indeed.

I can get hands-on experience and hold/shoot almost all cameras that I want to buy in stores here, the problem is I can't talk to the reps without sounding soooo dumb. :frown: My Japanese is in kinder level. :redface:

FastCorner

Mu-43 Veteran
How well does the EVF stay in the down position? How well does it stay in the up/tilted position?

gsciorio

Mu-43 Top Veteran
On a side note,
How many people were at the Panasonic event :confused:
At the event Rob Knight and I hosted at Showcase in Atlanta it was nearly packed.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom