1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

camera sleeve for em5ii and 12-40pro

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by travelbug, Apr 9, 2016.

1. travelbug

travelbug Mu-43 Regular

Oct 20, 2014
    looking for a decently priced sleeve for those times i dont want to bring my camera bag and just want to stuff my camera in my laptop bag. tia

2. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    • Like Like x 1
  3. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    I use a wrapping cloth, not really a sleeve...
    Olympus CS-35 Wrapping Cloth For OM-D V601057UW000 B&H Photo

There's also an Olympus made jacket/cover thingo for most models also (I have something very similar for my film cameras which works well).
    Olympus CS46 Leather Cover and Body Jacket for OM-D V601067BW000

The wrapping cloth thingo works well for shoving my camera in a normal backpack and providing abrasion resistance from other objects (it's not going to protect against drops, however expecting even a camera bag to do so is foolish imo).

• Like Like x 1
  4. travelbug

travelbug Mu-43 Regular

Oct 20, 2014
    i use this for my epm1 but i dont quite know what size to get for an em5ii with a 12-40 pro lens

5. Drdul

Drdul Mu-43 Regular

May 16, 2015
    Vancouver, BC
    Richard
    I have a Fotodiox neoprene wrap/sleeve that snugly fits my E-PL7 + 12-40, but there is nothing on the product that tells me what size/version it is. It's a good product, and I like that I can fit my camera into it easily (the smaller Op-Tech pouches work well with camera + small prime, but on the larger pouches I found the opening for the camera wasn't very big and it was a struggle to fit a camera with large zoom into it). Amazon lists a bunch of different Fotodiox versions, and maybe you can use camerasize.com to figure out which of the listed cameras would be the same size as your E-M5 II + 12-40.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    I think I have the Digital D-Midsize one. It's a snug fit for my EM1 w/12-40, so would fit yours. I think I bought the D-M 4/3 size first and found it was too small for my EM5 w/12-50, so I returned it and bought the slightly bigger one.

I bought some Tenba wraps for lenses and bodies. These work fine for that, but to get one that would fit an EM5 II w/12-40 would need one very large and when they get that big, they're also too bulky. I find the OpTech neoprene pouches to provide just enough padding and protection to carry your camera in a bag or protect it when dangling from a sling. It's not enough padding to let you throw your stuff around, it's for small bumps. And, they're waterproof too.