camera sleeve for em5ii and 12-40pro

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by travelbug, Apr 9, 2016.

1. travelbug

travelbug Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2014
    looking for a decently priced sleeve for those times i dont want to bring my camera bag and just want to stuff my camera in my laptop bag. tia

2. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    • Like Like x 1
  3. eteless

eteless Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 20, 2014
    I use a wrapping cloth, not really a sleeve...
    Olympus CS-35 Wrapping Cloth For OM-D V601057UW000 B&H Photo

There's also an Olympus made jacket/cover thingo for most models also (I have something very similar for my film cameras which works well).
    Olympus CS46 Leather Cover and Body Jacket for OM-D V601067BW000

The wrapping cloth thingo works well for shoving my camera in a normal backpack and providing abrasion resistance from other objects (it's not going to protect against drops, however expecting even a camera bag to do so is foolish imo).

• Like Like x 1
  4. travelbug

travelbug Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2014
    i use this for my epm1 but i dont quite know what size to get for an em5ii with a 12-40 pro lens

5. Drdul

Drdul Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

May 16, 2015
    Vancouver, BC
    Richard
    I have a Fotodiox neoprene wrap/sleeve that snugly fits my E-PL7 + 12-40, but there is nothing on the product that tells me what size/version it is. It's a good product, and I like that I can fit my camera into it easily (the smaller Op-Tech pouches work well with camera + small prime, but on the larger pouches I found the opening for the camera wasn't very big and it was a struggle to fit a camera with large zoom into it). Amazon lists a bunch of different Fotodiox versions, and maybe you can use camerasize.com to figure out which of the listed cameras would be the same size as your E-M5 II + 12-40.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    I think I have the Digital D-Midsize one. It's a snug fit for my EM1 w/12-40, so would fit yours. I think I bought the D-M 4/3 size first and found it was too small for my EM5 w/12-50, so I returned it and bought the slightly bigger one.

I bought some Tenba wraps for lenses and bodies. These work fine for that, but to get one that would fit an EM5 II w/12-40 would need one very large and when they get that big, they're also too bulky. I find the OpTech neoprene pouches to provide just enough padding and protection to carry your camera in a bag or protect it when dangling from a sling. It's not enough padding to let you throw your stuff around, it's for small bumps. And, they're waterproof too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.