Camera Remote for Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by rfortson, Jun 3, 2014.

1. rfortson

rfortson Mu-43 Veteran

Not sure if this has been posted here before. I found this independent camera remote app for my Windows 8.1 laptop. It will also work for Windows Phone. It's in the App Store for Windows. Right now, all it does is take the photo and display on your laptop or phone. You don't even get live view. However, I believe the author has done this a much for a proof of concept and is open to adding more of the features in the standard Olympus app.

I have nothing to do with this place, but I find it interesting. It would be a great alternative to tethering if he just added live view and basic camera controls (aperture, shutter speed, ISO).

Here's the website:

If you decide to try it, leave some feedback for the author so he'll see that people are interested.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. MattDarg

MattDarg New to Mu-43

Jul 12, 2014

I just thought I'd update this post to let people know the latest version has Live View, so now's a good time to head over and try it out :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. nixapatfan

nixapatfan Mu-43 Regular

Feb 26, 2014
    Not very useful yet but I hope the author continues to build on this and replicate all the features of the official app since Olympus doesn't care for making a Win8 app. Also I hope to see a version compatible with my Lumia Icon soon.
  4. PhotoDmiK

PhotoDmiK Mu-43 Regular

May 26, 2015
    Worked fine with e-m5ii fw 1.2 and not work anymore after 2.1 upgrade.