1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Camera + laptop backpack around $70?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Promit, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Pretty much as the title says. Small and light is a must, and I'm trying to stay around $70 or so which rules out a lot of nice options. The goal here is to fit a GH2 with 14-140, 45-200, PM1 and some primes along with a 15" Macbook Pro. It also needs to have some space for non-camera stuff (MBP power cable, maybe iPad, USB hub, etc). If it can accommodate a tripod or monopod, that's even better.

Some of the ones I've looked at so far:
    Lowepro Fastpack 250 - Amazon.com: Lowepro Fastpack 250 Camera/Laptop Backpack: Camera & Photo
    Precision Design - Precision Design Multi-Use Laptop/Tablet Digital SLR Camera Backpack Case (Black/Red)
    Sumdex - Amazon.com: Sumdex DSLR Camera/Notebook Backpack: Clothing
    Lowepro Compudaypack - Lowepro CompuDaypack LP34954-0EU B&H Photo Video
    Case Logic SLRC-206 - Amazon.com: Case Logic SLR Camera/Laptop Backpack: Clothing

I'm a small guy, and I wouldn't have bought into this system if I wanted to carry an enormous bag everywhere :smile: So far the Sumdex bag looks very close to what I want, but I've never heard of the brand and can't find many reviews. It could be junk. The Lowepro options seem bulky and expensive. Some suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    I've had a High Sierra Swerve in olive green / black (not shown on Amazon) for many years now. Holds my 15" MBP plus 2 bodies, 3 lenses, a flash, GPS, NK 4000 weather meter. Leica binos, Zoom H2 recorder, Leica rangefinder, snub nose.38 special, 100 rounds of ammo with lots of room to spare.

Amazon.com: High Sierra Swerve Backpack: Sports & Outdoors

3. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Ah. I do want something designed for cameras with dividers, rather than having all of the lenses and bodies bouncing around inside a big compartment.

4. songs2001

songs2001 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
  5. flipmack

flipmack Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 23, 2012
    irvine, CA
  6. tuanies

tuanies Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 13, 2011
    Graham, WA
    Tuan Huynh
    I've had two compudaypacks. Great bags, I had my GH2, 25mm and 14-42 in it with an MBP 13, iPad 2, chargers, Rode video mic, LED light and misc stuff with plenty of room to spare.