Camera insurance in Australia

BradS

Mu-43 Regular
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone from Australia has camera insurance covering their gear when out and about and who they use/recommend.

I can get portable insurance fr i think to cover my camera

Thanks,

Brad

BradS

Mu-43 Regular
Hi,

Re my post above. The last sentence was meant to say -

I can get portable contents insurance through by home insurance which I think can cover my camera gear. Thinking this might not be the best options.

AussiePhil

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Phil
I've extended my home contents insurance with the cameras and key lenses listed as named items on the coverage, there was an impact to the price but considering i added 10k of gear i was ok with it.
Now if you pop up something dedicated i'll also be interested :)

BradS

Mu-43 Regular
Cheers Phil,

Yes, likely to take out portable content insurance under my home insurance like you have if nothing else pops up.

Just thought there might be a company dedicated to cameras/electronics.

Brad

BradS

Mu-43 Regular
Hi all,

As an update and to close out. I ended up adding some portable contents insurance to my home and contents insurance. I saw the need to get insurance after get my EM1 Mk2 at the start of the year and growing collection of nice lenses over the years. It starts to add up $$$ :(

Got cover under the category of portable electronic equipment. It is not specific to any gear so covers camera or phone etc. Just had to nominate a $ value. Covers if lost, stolen or for example my main concern if I drop my camera or lenses with if not cover I would be :mad:.

For $5000 cover is was less than $100 pa. I thought that was quite okay for piece of mind.

Brad

Latest threads

Top Bottom