Camera choice for Disneyland Paris E-Pl6?

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
Be sure to have a plastic bag no matter what you take. I know I have a way of getting really wet at Disney.

Last edited:

coffeecat

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Rob
I did DLP at Easter a few years back, with young family.

I took my G3, P20, O45, and P45-200.

I took roughly 1000 shots in 3 days. Of which, roughly 70% (I just checked in Lightroom...) were with the P20, 25% were with the O45, and the scant 5% with the long zoom were solely of the car/motorcycle stunt show. Took 3 shots using flash (!). The weather was poor, and being early in the year the daylight was shortish, plus loads of the pics were taken indoors. So having fast lenses was a real benefit. I was quite happy with the results, even with the G3 which starts to look a bit iffy by ISO3200.

So my advice would be EPL6+P20 and O45.

Have fun!

Rob

tkbslc

Mu-43 Legend
RX100 or your phone.

Be honest as to the realistic usage of these photos. Also keep in mind the impact that going overboard with photography can have on your family's enjoyment of the trip.

Joe Smith

Mu-43 Veteran
3073133859_5be28bf0e8.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

doogie

Mu-43 Regular
Ended up taking the Oly EPL6, EVF4, 12-32mm lumix, 20mm lumix, and 45mm Oly.

Also took a Sony WX50 compact which isn't bad actually. Left the RX100 at home.

A waterproof camera would have been more appropriate on the first day, torrential rain!

Used the 12-32mm most of the time, 45mm came in handy at night for the Disney dreams firework show, and other shows. Used the 20mm a little bit, not much.

Sony compact was used when it was raining or due to rain, didn't want to get my equipment water damaged.

Flip screen on EPL6 came in handy for a few selfie shots with the family. Didn't use the EVF4 much even though it was very sunny, I managed.

DLP was good but quite a few big rides were shut, and fast pass tickets went early for the few rides that had FP. Queues weren't too bad, 30 min for Ratatouille which was very good and so was Pirates of the Caribbean.

Latest threads

Top Bottom