1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Camera Capture Clip System

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by spark, Jul 11, 2011.

1. spark

spark Mu-43 Regular

Feb 8, 2010
    Toronto
    I thought I'd post this here to help support this product. I am eagerly awaiting mine :).

There are only 5 days to go, but I thought "better late than never".

Capture Camera Clip System by Peter Dering — Kickstarter

If posting this violates the terms of use of this site, feel free to delete it (I hope not).

Thanks,
    Dave

• Like Like x 1
  2. jambaj0e

jambaj0e Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 31, 2010
    I'm waiting for mine, too!

3. uraldog

uraldog Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 4, 2010
    Orlando Florida USA
    Dave,

Thanks for posting this. I checked it out and was impressed enough to take a chance also. If you get yours first please post some feedback.

Thanks Gary

4. mclarenf3

mclarenf3 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    Canada
    Ordered one also (and a few other things on that website since). But in the mean time, the cheapo $5 belt holster I bought off eBay seems to be doing a good job.

5. gundam83

gundam83 New to Mu-43

May 10, 2011
    Got mine in the other day and I've ran into a problem. I have a GF2 and the baseplate won't clear with my larger lenses. The 20mm clears no problem but the others will strike the baseplate keeping it from turning all the way. Is there a spacer available that will allow more clearance, or would that be a bad idea in terms of ensuring the camera is securely attached to the baseplate?

6. jambaj0e

Aug 31, 2010
    That's a bummer.

I got my Capture today and it cleared a legacy Olympus OM 50mm f1.8 on my Olympus E-PL2. I guess there is more clearance than your GF2. The only thing I don't like about it is that since the tripod screw is pretty much in the center, I'd have to remove the entire plate in order to access the battery and memory card compartment.

7. uraldog

uraldog Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 4, 2010
    Orlando Florida USA
    Hey guy's,

I'm still waiting for mine. Could you possibly post a picture or two, installed on your camera.

Thanks Gary

8. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Still waiting for mine as well, driving me nuts not knowing when/how it shipped! I bought 2, one will go on my K-5, the other likely on my G-3 (hopefully its not too big for it!).

9. johnymac

johnymac New to Mu-43

Aug 18, 2011
    What a fabulous idea. Would that I could use it, I know that it would be fabulous, but I have, for the most part, down sized to a Lumix P&S, and while I still shoot with my Sony, it's not often enough to carry much. Plus, I don't think this product would do much in my pocket. I am delighted to hear of this product and can nothing but wish the inventor mucho luck. I am sure that his sales will skyrocket, and those that are going in at the start like this are more than lucky. Thanks for pointing out this site.

10. mclarenf3

mclarenf3 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    Canada
    Got mine yesterday, and it works great.

I tried it with the 14-140mm on my G2 and everything worked fine. I'll have to check the rest of my lenses to make sure it clears fine (I imagine my Canon 50/1.2 might be close).

I attached it to the strap on my messenger bag (domke and tenba) just above the left buckle, and it keeps the camera "slung" nicely off my left hip.

I think this is going to be very useful, and so far the quality really seems top notch.

11. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Got mine too, very happy with it! More that the dust has settled and the kick starter orders have been fulfilled, iam going to email peter about making a small plate that would be suitable for our m43 cameras...the width is fine but if it were about 2/3 shorter on one side it would be perfect!

12. peaceridge

peaceridge Mu-43 Regular

Jun 2, 2011
    I would certainly order one if he could do the shorter plate!

13. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I just posted a message on the suggestions page for the capture on facebook. Hopefully Peter will get around to reading it. I still haven't actually gone out with mine, but have done some extended testing and it was definitely worth the money. I was actually surprised how well it works on your belt, especially with the smaller m4/3 cameras - my g3/14mm disappeared once attached, it was so light!

14. mclarenf3

mclarenf3 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    Canada
    Here's a couple of shots how I used it with my messenger bags. Feels very natural and works very well. Had a chance to use it yesterday for most of the day while out on a shoot.

Attached Files:

15. uraldog

uraldog Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 4, 2010
    Orlando Florida USA
    Pics with G1

I haven't field tested the Camera Capture yet, but I thought I'd post a few pictures for those who might be interested.

Attached Files:

16. Lauzers

Lauzers Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2011
    loving this gear p*rn :2thumbs:

17. jambaj0e

Aug 31, 2010
    I have it and I LOVE IT! I actually went biking 3 Sundays ago from Santa Monica beach to Manhattan Beach and back with my E-PL2 clipped on my belt clip on my right side for almost 30 MILES!

Even though I have a sling strap just in case, the Camera Capture Clip worked flawlessly and allow a fairly quick access whenever I can get in front of my bike group to turn around and get my camera primed to fire. Well worth the price for sure

18. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    The CCCS is pretty neat (albeit with a way too long and convoluted name lol).

I've used it on 2 hikes and 1 county fair so far. Works like a champion. :2thumbs:

Highly recommended product. I took some product shots (apologies for the borked color balance, I still need to work on that!)

EPL17036-M.

EPL17045-M.

EPL17054-M.

EPL17071-M.

EPL17076-M.

EPL17035-M.

You can see more pictures on my CCCS smugmug gallery.

19. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    I just received mine today and I love it. Peter is redesigning the plate for m4/3 cameras to be used with the same base unit. Unfortunately, it won't be ready until after the holidays.

20. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    I know it's sacrilege, but couldn't you just file down one side and touch up with paint? I've ordered mine (free shipping ends soon!). Hoping lenses are not an issue anyway...