1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Camera Batteries Li-Ion or li-Po

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Paul80, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    Hi all

Looking for a bit of advice on Camera Batteries

I have been testing quite a few different makes to check on the claimed v actual capacities and noticed something I need help with

I have a number of LUMIX Batteries all listed as Li-Ion and all rated at 7.2volts which is correct for 2 Li-Ion cells as they are 3.6 volts each

But all the third party batteries I have although all printed as being Li-Ion they are all rated at 7.4 volts or 3.7 volts per cell which is what Li-Po cells are rated at.

So are the third party batteries really Li-Po as indicated by their voltage or Li-Ion as printed on the battery.

or are there Li-Ion batteries that are 3.7v per sell or is it something else.

Thanks for any help with understanding this.

Paul

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.