camera bag partitions drive me crazy

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by 2mnycars, Jun 12, 2014.

1. 2mnycars

2mnycars Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2012
    Toronto
    DaveL
    getting them in the right spot is hard for me.

Doesnt help that Henry's sells bags that have been tampered with. sometimes swear they have been used. (My Lowe Pro sling looked good. Later found a 32 gig card someone had left in it.)

Howard on another forum said he placed paper on the wall of the bag, placed the partition and slid the paper out, so the Velcro would stick.

what do you do?

• Like Like x 1
  2. nuclearboy

nuclearboy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    USA
    trial and error until I am happy. The paper idea sounds OK. I just bend them away from the side and stick one end at a time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BAXTING

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
    Bradley
    Lol I go crazy with these things

• Like Like x 1
  4. fortwodriver

fortwodriver Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 15, 2013
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Frank
    Ok, I actually admit I cut my finger on a piece of velcro attached to a divider as I was wrestling it into the bag...:coco:

5. biomed

biomed Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 22, 2013
    Seattle area
    Mike
    I do the tab fold over and stick the divider in place one side at a time too. It does drive me nuts at times! I may give the paper a try.

6. humzai

humzai Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    Thanks for the thread. The paper idea sounds like the solution. They are certianly a love hate thing. The thing I hate the most is when a bag doesn't have velcro everywhere. You also never have the right size for your needs.

• Like Like x 3
  7. 2mnycars

2mnycars Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2012
    Toronto
    DaveL
    I have visions of some child in a factory in Asia assembling bags/partitions quickly. Having no trouble at all. Meanwhile I struggle. And I have for years.
    Wonder what the factory method is?

8. Firedogg

Firedogg Have cash, will spend

Just ask a women to arrange the divider for you :118:

• Like Like x 1
  9. 2mnycars

2mnycars Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2012
    Toronto
    DaveL
    Thanks Michael......

10. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    I fold the partition in half, attach one side, then the other.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 2mnycars

2mnycars Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2012
    Toronto
    DaveL
    Someone else might wonder what the big deal is. I am a bagaholic. I have way too many bags.
    When I had a photo store, working with a bag slung over my shoulder was the norm. I had two Nikon F3HP's with motor drives.
    A LowePro shoulder bag carried whatever else I needed.
    I worked fast; had to. Small business. Seldom had a second shooter. Portraits weddings sports photography. Profitable.
    I still want to work fast. One camera out; another stored. Lenses in the shoulder bag.
    Domke. Billingham. LowePro. Thank Tank. Tenba.
    Shooter's bags. Not storage bags.

So lots of moved partitions. And I don't do it well.

12. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    I usually combine partitions from several bags in whatever I'm using (f-stop bags mostly these days). Largely because standard partitions are great for DSLRs but terrible for smaller
    Mirrorless gear.

I don't really like super tiny bags that only hold camera gear either. So I like to find a happy medium between appropriate partitioning in part of the bag and room for other stuff elsewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 2mnycars

2mnycars Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2012
    Toronto
    DaveL
    mattia that used to be my practice too. However, we have a small car. And I carry breathing apparatus too. That is why I have a lightweight system and smaller bags now.
    Otherwise I would have stayed with my dslr