camera bag partitions drive me crazy

2mnycars

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
DaveL
getting them in the right spot is hard for me.

Doesnt help that Henry's sells bags that have been tampered with. sometimes swear they have been used. (My Lowe Pro sling looked good. Later found a 32 gig card someone had left in it.)

Howard on another forum said he placed paper on the wall of the bag, placed the partition and slid the paper out, so the Velcro would stick.

what do you do?

biomed

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike
I do the tab fold over and stick the divider in place one side at a time too. It does drive me nuts at times! I may give the paper a try.

humzai

Mu-43 Veteran
Thanks for the thread. The paper idea sounds like the solution. They are certianly a love hate thing. The thing I hate the most is when a bag doesn't have velcro everywhere. You also never have the right size for your needs.

2mnycars

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
DaveL
I have visions of some child in a factory in Asia assembling bags/partitions quickly. Having no trouble at all. Meanwhile I struggle. And I have for years.
Wonder what the factory method is?

D

Deleted member 20897

I fold the partition in half, attach one side, then the other.

2mnycars

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
DaveL
Someone else might wonder what the big deal is. I am a bagaholic. I have way too many bags.
When I had a photo store, working with a bag slung over my shoulder was the norm. I had two Nikon F3HP's with motor drives.
A LowePro shoulder bag carried whatever else I needed.
I worked fast; had to. Small business. Seldom had a second shooter. Portraits weddings sports photography. Profitable.
I still want to work fast. One camera out; another stored. Lenses in the shoulder bag.
Domke. Billingham. LowePro. Thank Tank. Tenba.
Shooter's bags. Not storage bags.

So lots of moved partitions. And I don't do it well.

mattia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I usually combine partitions from several bags in whatever I'm using (f-stop bags mostly these days). Largely because standard partitions are great for DSLRs but terrible for smaller
Mirrorless gear.

I don't really like super tiny bags that only hold camera gear either. So I like to find a happy medium between appropriate partitioning in part of the bag and room for other stuff elsewhere.

2mnycars

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
DaveL
mattia that used to be my practice too. However, we have a small car. And I carry breathing apparatus too. That is why I have a lightweight system and smaller bags now.
Otherwise I would have stayed with my dslr

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom