Camera Bag or Insert Recommendation

delkhouri

Mu-43 Regular
Hey all. I have been using a Sirui My story Mini (very similar to an ona bowery) as a camera bag for a while and while is been fine, but I need a bag upgrade. I recently started a new job and was given a New-ish macbook pro 13" that I will need to carry with me, but I still want to take my camera with me. Currently I have a EM10ii 12-40 f2.8, 40-150 4-5.6, and a 30mm macro. I am also going to add another prime, probably one of the 25's soon.

I do not want an overly large bag and so far the only option I have found is the Peak Design 10L sling. It will fit everything I need just fine, but I was looking to see what my other options were. Most other bags I have seen that will accommodate a 13" mbp are much larger than i prefer. I do have a couple messenger bags and am open to an insert but not sure which one. The ones at my local camera store such as the Tenba byob and the peak design cube, look more like lunch coolers and are too thick to put in a messenger bag.

Let me know your thoughts/suggestions.

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham
Hey all. I have been using a Sirui My story Mini (very similar to an ona bowery) as a camera bag for a while and while is been fine, but I need a bag upgrade. I recently started a new job and was given a New-ish macbook pro 13" that I will need to carry with me, but I still want to take my camera with me. Currently I have a EM10ii 12-40 f2.8, 40-150 4-5.6, and a 30mm macro. I am also going to add another prime, probably one of the 25's soon.

I do not want an overly large bag and so far the only option I have found is the Peak Design 10L sling. It will fit everything I need just fine, but I was looking to see what my other options were. Most other bags I have seen that will accommodate a 13" mbp are much larger than i prefer. I do have a couple messenger bags and am open to an insert but not sure which one. The ones at my local camera store such as the Tenba byob and the peak design cube, look more like lunch coolers and are too thick to put in a messenger bag.

Let me know your thoughts/suggestions.
I've tried the ThinkTank Mirrorless Mover 20 and 30i, then went to the Peak Design Everyday Messenger 15, 5L Sling and 10L Sling. I use the Messenger 15 when I haul my long lenses and especially when I'm taking legal size file folders to a meeting. The 5L Sling is good for quick outings with only 1 camera and lens. The 10L Sling is damned near perfect for most outings; I can carry up to 3 lenses if need be plus sunglasses and a notebook.
The PD products are the best designed and best constructed camera bags I've seen so far.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom