Camera bag for CCW ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wisertime

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steve
I have actually been looking at some of this style sling bag, but i kind of want to get away from the sling bag if i can. I have carried them for a very long time, and backpacks of the proper size and configuration seem to be where i am leaning. that said, i am using a very lightweight sling bag as a "bag in a bag" for carrying my camerra gear in my back pack
This one works good for a camera and a few lenses as big as 12-100 or 40-150 pro (with a few small primes/zooms) and has room for batteries, filters, speedlight, small tripod etc. I like it for hiking or concert shooting. Easy to reach in and out of. No zippering the main compartment...and it was cheap $20-25

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
Not to open a debate or off topic discussion, but those shivers are created, or abated, by ones duty to self preservation. If i am correct, knife crimes are common in the UK. Here, unfortunately, it is guns. You dont fight fire with a stick....

You could be forgiven for thinking that if you read our newspaper headlines. Every single knife crime is reported when they can't find any Kardashian related stories to talk about.

It's easy to be paranoid here when the news is full of it, but when you dig down into the stats you find that the vast majority of knife attackers and victims are young men aged under 25, more than half of knife crime involves drug dealers or users and nearly three quarters of victims know their attacker.

The likelihood of being attacked with a blade here largely depends upon the type of things you get up to and the type of people you mix with. It's still pretty safe to come to the UK on holiday.

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham
The likelihood of being attacked with a blade here largely depends upon the type of things you get up to and the type of people you mix with. It's still pretty safe to come to the UK on holiday.
Ditto for Canada. Violent crime increases as you move West across the country. You hear about firearm homicides in the Greater Vancouver area. Almost every shooting is between rival drug trafficing gangs and their handguns are all smuggled in from the US.
I feel very safe walking everywhere in Vancouver because I exercise reasonable caution and keep my wits about me. As @RichardC said, it depends on the people you mix with.
This thread seems to have veered off course a bit! :sorry:
The bulk and weight of a firearm doesn't seem well suited to sharing space in a conventional bag with a camera and lenses, even if they are quite compact. You may have to design and have a bag custom fabricated.

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim
The bulk and weight of a firearm doesn't seem well suited to sharing space in a conventional bag with a camera and lenses, even if they are quite compact. You may have to design and have a bag custom fabricated.

My EDC weighs less than my camera @270 grams. It's also much smaller than my camera and fits into my front pocket. My next weighs about 500 grams. Both are about 3/4" wide.

I would never carry off person. Get a smaller carry.

Taurahe

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Brandon
Ditto for Canada. Violent crime increases as you move West across the country. You hear about firearm homicides in the Greater Vancouver area. Almost every shooting is between rival drug trafficing gangs and their handguns are all smuggled in from the US.
I feel very safe walking everywhere in Vancouver because I exercise reasonable caution and keep my wits about me. As @RichardC said, it depends on the people you mix with.
This thread seems to have veered off course a bit! :sorry:

The firearm would nbot be in the bag, that would always be on my person. I would however care a few spare mags, and maybe an extra pocket knife.

Taurahe

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Brandon
Can something like this work for you?

EDC Concealed Carry Bag | Every Day Carry Bag

Generally I just prefer a comfy IWB holster and either a sling or a shoulder camera bag and I carry a full size CZ.
I actually looked at that bag at the NRA convention over the weekend, as they were a vendor. The bag is designed more as a bug out bag than anything, and wouldnt really lend itself well to photo gear IMO. Large pockets, big empty spaces.... and i absolutely despise that style of bag. I have a think tank bag of the same general design andf i hate it.

Amin Sabet

Administrator
This is one of those situations I can’t win as a moderator because half the world will think I’m over moderating and the other half will think I am undermoderating. But this thread has already gone into politics, and based on what has happened here on many occasions, it is likely to continue to do so. So I’m closing it. Hope the OP got whatever information they needed. If anyone has anything helpful to add, please use a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom