Camera and lens storage

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Kpp80202, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Kpp80202

Kpp80202 Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 3, 2013
    Colorado
    Kevin
    Right now, I have two camera systems, totaling 2 bodies and 9 lenses. I anticipate picking up another 2-3 lenses over the next year or two to fill some holes. I don't really have any place in my house to store all my stuff together where it is easily accessible and reasonably protected. Right now, it all lives on a closet shelf where I worry someone my knock something down. I'm thinking a big bag like a Lowepro Stealth Reporter may be a good solution. Pelican type cases are also good, but a top opening system seems better for ease of access. What other ideas do you all have?

2. pinoyborian

pinoyborian Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 3, 2012
    Peterborough UK
    Jerry Sisican
    This maybe strange to many but I have an organiser box for my lenses and other stuff. I still have bags but those are for on the go stuff (camera, lenses, etc). Storagewise, I use the organiser box for my lenses (native and adapted) if I don't plan to use them. I was supposed to buy a Stanley Fatmax Pro, like this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330931128019?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT but I ended up buying a smaller one in my local Aldi. It works for me as I don't worry much where I place them anywhere in the house.

3. Richella

Richella The Wandering Scotsman

Aug 21, 2011
    Kuala Lumpur
    I have a dehumidifying cabinet to protect my gear from the humidity in Malaysia.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43

4. Kpp80202

Kpp80202 Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 3, 2013
    Colorado
    Kevin
    @Richella: that's smart. Not an issue for me though; I live in Colorado, home of no humidity.

5. Tor

Tor Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 1, 2014
    This is where I keep my Oly gear.
    2yture3e.

6. emilb

emilb New to Mu-43

Mar 26, 2014
  7. Toddster

Toddster Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Florida
    Todd Cleaver
    I realize that this is far from elegant but this works for me quite well. I use a 5 gallon bucket (hardware store type) and a Gama Seal lid http://beprepared.com/gamma-seal-lid-white.html with a few descant bags thrown in. Yes this is ugly but the advantage is that no one ever suspects it is camera gear. In fact when I am vacationing somewhere warm and humid I often leave this setup on a balcony out of the air conditioning so the gear stays at the outside temperature and is ready to go. It is the cheapest safest dry box I have ever owned.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Clint

Clint Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    Some time ago I had some gear stolen, the safe idea like Tor posted above seemed a good idea. But I ended up going with a Craftsman toolbox that is bolted into a larger cabinet.

Gear_DSC0617-2.

• Like Like x 1
  9. lchien

lchien Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 7, 2014
    Texas
    yeah, is it portable?:smile:

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.