Camel Rock, Bermagui

PeterB666

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
Every day the sun comes up and when you are on the East Coast of a country you need to have a camera and tripod ready. Today I am at Camel Rock (I have yet to process yesterday's sunrise so just be patient).

Still in Bermagui with my Olympus E-P1 and Olympus M.Zuiko 9-18mm lens this sequence takes you through from pre-first light to just a couple of minutes after sunrise ...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Dawn at Camel Rock 1 by peterb666, on Flickr

Dawn at Camel Rock 2 by peterb666, on Flickr

Dawn at Camel Rock 3 by peterb666, on Flickr

Dawn at Camel Rock 4 by peterb666, on Flickr

Dawn at Camel Rock 5 by peterb666, on Flickr

Kosta

Mu-43 Veteran
wow peter. inspiring shots.
I enjoy using this lens and I hope to get up at sunrise and play with it more. I would love to know what you do to set-up for these type of shots. I will definitely have a play on the weekend :)

PeterB666

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
Wow. Once again some incredible shots. What exposure did you use? Did you make some post processing adjustments?
The first two are composite pictures done using either exposure fusion (Photomatix) or HDR (Photomatix or Adobe CS5) using very subtle tone mapping. I usually try a variety of techniques and keep the best. The trick with HDR is to be restrained and get your raw processing right first.

Exposures ranged up to 120 seconds but I don't think I used that one. They would typcially be in the range of 40 seconds to 2 seconds depending on the ambient light.

The remaining ones are single exposures and nothing really special there. A slight bit of added saturation, noise reduction and lifting the highlights. Again, quite modest changes.

As the light increased, 3-stop soft grads have been intodocued, then a 4-stop ND introduced (and one of the grads removed). Exposure is 1/30 in the last shot but I have probably reduced the ND to a 2-stop or even got rid of it to get a faster shutter speed in that one.

Cheers

Peter

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom