1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Cambodia Siem Reap

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by pod, Dec 7, 2013.

1. pod

pod Mu-43 Regular

Oct 4, 2012
    Australia
    Rob
    Hey All,

Have been travelling a lot in the last few months and have just returned from Cambodia - Seam Reap.
    I accompanied the misses who was involved with a NGO for charity work and a group of students .. I on the other hand pursued my hedonistic photographic habits ..:smile:
    Starts in China for a few shots then Cambodia .. still a work in progress for some PP .. overcooked a bit here and there.
    Some tags yet to be added etc ..
    Hope you enjoy them ..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98151309@N04/sets/72157637654449563/

Cheers
    Rob

• Like Like x 4
  2. boostin

boostin Mu-43 Regular

Sep 21, 2013
    good pictures by any chance you went to vietnam?

3. pod

pod Mu-43 Regular

Oct 4, 2012
    Australia
    Rob
    No Vietnam this time sorry ..

4. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    I see you were also in Battambang and Phnom Penn. I was recently in Siem Reap and will definitely be back again. Can't get enough of the temples and the friendly people.

5. pod

pod Mu-43 Regular

Oct 4, 2012
    Australia
    Rob
    Very friendly indeed especially considering their levels of poverty .. my 1st visit but my partners was her 5th !

6. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    I agree. They are genuinely friendly. Enjoy it while it lasts. You know how Thailand is the "Land of Smiles"? That was once true. Now it's more the "Land of the Blank Stare". I remember when the Thai people were much more like the Cambodians. So were the Vietnamese. Too many tourists, too much development too quickly changed all that.

We may have crossed paths in Siem Reap. I was there about 2 weeks ago. Do you remember a guy with a yellow bike around Angkor Wat? That was me.:smile: Siem Reap is huge compared to what it was just a few years ago. Pub street was just about it. Now there are all those huge hotels and resorts all around it. If you bike a few miles out of town though, the old Cambodia is still there.

7. pod

pod Mu-43 Regular

Oct 4, 2012
    Australia
    Rob
    Well we were there same same ... we were at the Victory Guesthouse
    Do you have a e-m5 ? I saw only one amongst the variety of cameras snapping at Angkor .. could have been you :smile:

8. Six and half years since I was there, which seems like a long time now. I enjoyed looking through your pics on flickr. I will say that the Angkor temples in Cambodia are as impressive a set of ruins as I have seen anywhere in the world.

• Like Like x 1
  9. turbodieselvw

turbodieselvw Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2010
    Ottawa
    This,was my second trip to Cambodia (in October). My first trip was 7 yes ago. Siem Reap has grown a lot in 7 yrs. Vehicle traffic has grown and vehicles now speed by at alarming speeds. 7 yrs ago, vans and other passenger vehicles seemed to just crawl along the streets. The temples are now also filled with tons of people but the locals just seem as poor and disillusioned as before but they still appear friendly and you usually get a smile from them.

10. RakSiam

RakSiam Mu-43 Regular

Oct 11, 2013
    Great work. Your style is a lot like my own. That part of the world is really fascinating.

• Like Like x 1