1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Call me crazy but I think I want to get the Sigma 30mm lens just for this pic....

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by asaulo1, Mar 27, 2012.

1. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
  2. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    OK.....you're crazy:tongue:

3. dawalsh

dawalsh Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 24, 2012
    I just got 30mm for my E-PM1, loving it so far. I tried to like the Olympus 45mm, but it's just not for me.

4. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    I'll admit the 30 doesn't look bad, but the shot with the panny 25 from your other thread looks much better. Personally, I can't support sigma for m43 as they don't seem to be interested in providing lens for our system, the 19 & 30 are just rehashes of nex designed glass. If sigma can produce glass for m43 that actually fills a needed niche vs just slapping a suitable mount on nex glass I'll be glad to support. So yeah, I'll call you crazy, but not with any malice. If the look of this lens is worth $200 go for it.

5. foto2021

foto2021 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 5, 2011
    SE England

You're crazy too.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Gerald

Gerald Mu-43 Regular

Sep 20, 2011
    I tried the 30mm in a store the other day. I am really impressed with the af speed. And actually consider buying it. The images are good, useful for portraits and super fast to use. For a reasonable price.

7. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    You're doing it wrong. Buy it because of the images that it produces, not how it looks. If you care about how it looks, go buy yourself a Versace or Gucci jacket. You'll get a lot more for your money. I came in here expecting to see a photo that someone made.

That being said, there is a Sigma review floating around here, and going by the specs I'd bet that the Sigma lens is pretty respectable optically.

8. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    why would you buy jacket for how it looks? wouldn't you buy it for how well it insulates?

Everyone evaluates things differently.....there is no right or wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  9. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    I'm not that crazy!!!! :)