Call for your difficult PP image... for our May Lightzone Contest.

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Brian Mosley, May 3, 2010.

1. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Hello everyone,

voting is now open for our 3rd Lightzone Contest, and before we launch our 4th Contest, I wonder if you would like to help us by posting an image here, which you would be willing for us to use.

I'm hoping we will get a good response, and people will vote on the ones they'd like to see used for the next contest by clicking on the [​IMG] to the bottom right of the post.

If I choose your image for the contest, we'll require the original raw file ideally (or full size jpeg if you don't have the raw file) - you will retain all rights to your image of course.

Let's give it a few days, and see what we get :2thumbs:

Kind Regards

Brian

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Just to clarify, by "difficult PP", Brian means difficult postprocessing :biggrin:.

3. Brian Mosley

Dec 15, 2009
    Yes, thanks Amin...

maybe it's a shot where the white balance seems impossible to get right (multiple light sources, or a colour cast etc)

maybe it's a shot where the subject seems to blend in with the background too much

maybe it's a shot where you'd like to see a high quality B&W rendition

maybe it's a shot which needs high dynamic range

maybe it's a shot of a subject you'd like to see rendered in an old fashioned / futuristic / romantic / scary / light hearted / ??? you tell us what you want... give us a challenge and see what we can do! :biggrin:

Hope that clarifies things... just post a snapshot here and tell us what is difficult about the image / potential you think it may have 'if only' :smile:

Cheers

Brian

4. marceloanelli

marceloanelli Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 9, 2010
    Caracas, Venezuela
    This photo was shooted in a little rest, as a joke, on an event. Is a young photog, friend of mine. E-30, flash on camera, 14-54 f2.8, I have the raw file.

[​IMG]

The idea is to create a better background using the nice bokeh in the same photo, I have a rendering example too.

5. Brian Mosley

Dec 15, 2009
    Interesting challenge Marcelo - what do you mean by 'rendering example'?

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers

Brian

6. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    Good pick.

Bokeh D

7. marceloanelli

marceloanelli Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 9, 2010
    Caracas, Venezuela
    An example I do with the shoot using only LZ, must be corrected but it exploit the bokeh in all white wall.