1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Call for Submissions - New York Street Photography Exhibition

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by digitalandfilm, Oct 9, 2012.

1. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    Museum of the City of New York

Call for Submissions - New York Street Photography Exhibition
    South Street Seaport Museum
    The South Street Seaport Museum invites submissions of new works in the field of New York City street photography for a juried exhibition to open in the late fall of 2012. The exhibition seeks to showcase the best of contemporary photography capturing life as it unfolds in New York City's public places—its streets, parks, and plazas.

New York City has a rich tradition of street photography. Such notable image makers as Jacob Riis, Robert Frank, and Nan Goldin have captured the diversity and vitality of the city's streets and its denizens for well over a century. These artists recorded fleeting moments, capturing the faces and lives of ordinary people as they move through an ever-changing metropolis. The Museum of the City of New York (which is operating the South Street Seaport Museum) is currently presenting some of the best of these historic images in City Scenes: Highlights of New York Street Photography, along with the exhibition London Street Photography. The exhibition at the South Street Seaport Museum will carry that story forward through new candid images that show the evolution of the city and of the genre itself in the 21st century.

Both professional and amateur photographers are invited to submit pictures for consideration. Deadline for entries is Monday, October 22, 2012 at 11:59 pm (EST). For full guidelines and to submit images, click here.

2. digitalandfilm

Jul 18, 2011
  3. nylife

nylife Mu-43 Regular

Jan 20, 2012
    well in photoshop once the file is open you can go to file then pick file info and you will see IPTC Tab, where you can update your information

4. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Yeah, it can be inserted/edited in the metadata areas of both Aperture and Lightroom as well...

-Ray

5. digitalandfilm

Jul 18, 2011
    Ahhh yeah- found it in LR 4.2

6. digitalandfilm

Jul 18, 2011
    Here's my 12:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. digitalandfilm

Jul 18, 2011
    Opps.. two more.

It was very easy to make a preset for the IPTC Metadata, as LR4.2 had it.. once set up- your good.

When you export the file (with the preset metadata) then you tell it 5" x 7" and 72dpi.

Attached Files:

8. Ray Sachs

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    I went ahead and submitted a dozen also - I have no idea what the odds are, but it would be nice to get one or two accepted. I don't know how to group them in posts here, so rather than a big scrolling mess of them, here's a Flickr set of them:

NYC Street submissions - a set on Flickr

-Ray

9. digitalandfilm

Jul 18, 2011
    Well Ray.. I hope one of us gets chosen!

10. Ray Sachs

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Better yet, both!

11. digitalandfilm

Jul 18, 2011
    :bravo-009: