Call for Critics: "The cyber generation - a kiss"

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by PMCC, May 8, 2013.

1. PMCC

PMCC Mu-43 Regular

Feb 18, 2013
    My experiment of a different take on photography. Feel free to comment on the whole idea, the setup and any technical eye candies.

Attached Files:

2. abepak

abepak Mu-43 Regular

Jan 21, 2013
    SFV, CA
    Image is broken for me. I can't see it.
  3. ranxoren

ranxoren Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    Toronto, ON

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
  5. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Now working - neat idea.
  6. quatchi

quatchi Mu-43 Veteran

May 17, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    I realy like the idea behind the picture!

What bothers me a bit is the lighting of the picture. The girl on the screen is well lit and one can make out more details in her face. The guy on the left, on the other hand, seems a bit to dark for me. Especially with the big white space below his chin.

Did you use a flash from behind his head? Maybe you can use a small fill flash in front without spilling any light on the display?
  7. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    rob collins
    I really like the idea behind the photo although I would have been tempted to take it further.

In your photo it is pretty obvious which image is 'real' and which image is 'virtual'.

I would be tempted to place the 'virtual' face outside the computer screen and the 'real' face inside the computer screen.

Something along the lines....

8. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Really like the concept. i also like Robbie36's suggestion, except the angle of the face on the right (the non computer face, as it were) seems to be at the wrong angle to work, but the concept of reversing the faces makes a strong picture mich stronger.

I also like the high key treatment.
  9. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Question - was the concept that they are about to kiss? In which case, Id like the "her" picture to be puckering up more. If the concept is more about unrequieted desire, then the puckers work as is.
  10. PMCC

PMCC Mu-43 Regular

Feb 18, 2013
    @ WT21

That unrequited desire is closer to my own personal circumstances, but I deliberately leave it open for the viewer to think.

@ quatchi

I do not have any lighting equipment. The back-light is by sunlight outside, there is a table lamp to light up the scene somewhat. The guy's face can be brighten by PP, however.

Attached Files:

11. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Crazy but I like! :eek: :smile: