Calgary Central Library photography visit (picture heavy)

This past weekend we travelled down to Calgary to take part in a Coffee and Cameras event at the new Calgary Central Library. The event was organized by The Camera Store and involved having a coffee and then spending time photographing the interior of the building. We had about three hours before doors were opened to the public so the only people in there were about 30 photographers and a couple of staff. This made for an enjoyable Sunday mornings outing as the weather was fine for travelling and having access with no-one around made for a good event.

2019 march 10th calgary library-2.jpg
2019 march 10th calgary library-3.jpg
2019 march 10th calgary library-4.jpg
2019 march 10th calgary library-5.jpg
2019 march 10th calgary library-6.jpg
2019 march 10th calgary library-7.jpg
2019 march 10th calgary library-8.jpg
2019 march 10th calgary library-9.jpg
2019 march 10th calgary library-10.jpg
2019 march 10th calgary library-11.jpg
2019 march 10th calgary library-12.jpg
2019 march 10th calgary library-13.jpg
2019 march 10th calgary library-14.jpg
2019 march 10th calgary library-15.jpg
2019 march 10th calgary library-16.jpg
2019 march 10th calgary library-17.jpg
2019 march 10th calgary library-18.jpg
2019 march 10th calgary library-19.jpg
2019 march 10th calgary library-20.jpg
2019 march 10th calgary library.jpg

WaltP

Mu-43 All-Pro
If your club plans another one of these events, please let me know in advance. I wish I'd been there! What a great idea to promote the library and the city!

Hi Walt,

This was just a trip for my good lady and myself which I booked as a Valentines gift for her. The Camera Store in Calgary organized the event and I just booked two places on it. The Camera Store is at www.thecamerastore.com and look under the events section as they may do another one as there was a lot of positive reaction to this one but be warned, a visit to the store can be bad for your bank balance. The rest of the participants were from Calgary and the surrounding areas. There was mention of a trip around the National Music Center (Studio Bell) if there is enough interest. This is also new and has some pretty stunning architecture as well.

If you do decide to come up and visit let me know as we would be happy to do a second visit.

Thanks for the interest in the pictures.

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
The Camera Store is at www.thecamerastore.com and look under the events section as they may do another one as there was a lot of positive reaction to this one but be warned, a visit to the store can be bad for your bank balance.
A very dangerous place to even be aware of, let alone visit; they have sold me 3/4 of the gear in my equipment list.

Andrewmap

Mu-43 Top Veteran
This past weekend we travelled down to Calgary to take part in a Coffee and Cameras event at the new Calgary Central Library. The event was organized by The Camera Store and involved having a coffee and then spending time photographing the interior of the building. We had about three hours before doors were opened to the public so the only people in there were about 30 photographers and a couple of staff. This made for an enjoyable Sunday mornings outing as the weather was fine for travelling and having access with no-one around made for a good event.

View attachment 726636 View attachment 726637 View attachment 726638 View attachment 726639 View attachment 726640 View attachment 726641 View attachment 726642 View attachment 726643 View attachment 726644 View attachment 726645 View attachment 726646 View attachment 726647 View attachment 726648 View attachment 726649 View attachment 726650 View attachment 726651 View attachment 726652 View attachment 726653 View attachment 726654 View attachment 726655
Great set of images, Dave; the place looks amazing especially having a train station as part of the building! I think my favourites are 1, 6, 7 and 13.:bravo-009:

I presume this is the building the guy from DPReview (previously camera store) sometimes reviews cameras in? Think he reviewed the Fuji XT30 in there. Your photos are a step up though, amazing stuff and an amazing building, thanks for sharing.

I presume this is the building the guy from DPReview (previously camera store) sometimes reviews cameras in? Think he reviewed the Fuji XT30 in there. Your photos are a step up though, amazing stuff and an amazing building, thanks for sharing.
It is the same building Chris Nicoll and Jordan Drake reviewed the xt30. That's the only reason I had seen this building before.
I was going to say the same thing myself but you beat me to it.

Thank you to all of the people that have liked/commented on this collection. We certainly enjoyed our visit and being able to walk around at our leisure without lots of other people wandering about. There were a number of people with large collections of gear which took some carting about. I was happy to just tout my Leica Typ109 with me and not feel totally burdened by "what lens to use". A very enjoyable morning and one which we will probably repeat :).