1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

CA Part 3 - Yosemite NP

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by s0nus, Sep 26, 2011.

1. s0nus

s0nus Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    Chicago
    After visiting Sequoia NP and Kings Canyon NP, we headed further north to Yosemite.

We planned on doing the Cable Route up Half Dome, which requires a permit. The NPS opens up 30 permits a day to make up for cancellation, but makes it impossible to get a permit without an internet connection. I was explained this by a Ranger standing in front of a computer with internet access. She was unable to make a reservation for me ...

I made up for it by shooting Half Dome a million times. Sorry if the shots get a big redundant! :wink:

On our way down from Kings Canyon, we stopped at a roadside fruit stand, where we bought 4 peaches and a watermelon. These were the largest peaches I've ever seen in my life - a single one was a filling meal.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. This is a stitched panorama of Yosemite Valley from glacier point. I'm linking a low res version here. You can see a full res version in another thread, but processed a little differently.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Am I a terrible person for snapping a photo before giver her my hand?
    [​IMG]

13. Pools above Upper Yosemite Falls
    [​IMG]

14. Breakfast
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Tuolumne Meadow
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. I believe this is Cathedral Lake
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  2. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Great series you've posted sonus.

3. Another nice set of pics. 5,7,10,11,& 15 were my faves.

4. bluebubbleboy

bluebubbleboy Mu-43 Regular

Aug 12, 2011
    Colorado
    What a great series. I hope to make it to Yosemite one day. If I had to choose my favorites, I'd say 2,4,5,10,13. I love the feel of 5 and 10. 10 especially makes me want to go camping tonight. :smile:

5. RedNumber5

RedNumber5 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2010
    Antioch, CA
    I haven't been to Yosemite in about 5 years so thanks for the pictures. Even with the all the visitors the park now gets, it still is one of my favorite places to visit. Considering it is only a 4 hour drive I should visit it more often.

6. s0nus

s0nus Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    Chicago
    Thanks everyone for checking these shots out. It's always interesting to learn of your faves and how they coincide (or not!) with my own.

7. zettapixel

zettapixel Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    NY
    Great shots, thank you for posting! My favs: 3, 4, 8, 9, 15 and 17.
    I missed the other 2 posts, gotta check now...