c-mount zooms?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by mabelsound, Jun 17, 2010.

1. mabelsound

mabelsound Guest

I started a thread about fast zooms over on RFF, and someone commented that zooms faster than f/2 are not uncommon in the cine world. Have any of these been tested out on m4/3? What are your experiences?

2. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    I had played around with a few of them, like some Fujinons, Canons etc. Most are TV lenses AFAIK. There are also some Angenieux lenses of which I expect a better image quality but I never tried one in person. My personal conclusion: All the ones I tried showed heavy vignetting at the wider end. Combined with the fact that some of them can be quite heavy and large (i.e. considerably larger than the 14-140), I gave up on them. I remember reading somewhere that there is one Canon 25-100 (I think) that does not show much vignetting, but I did not follow up on that one. If you are happy with EZ zoom and 1:1 picture format, some will be fine. I had a Fujinon 14-84/1.6 that was relatively small and fit without modification, was thinking about keeping it for videos in EZ setting, but then decided I prefer prime lenses.

Hope that helps,

Stefan

3. mabelsound

mabelsound Guest

Do you mean the digital zoom, ie., crop? Nah, I'd stick with primes in that case, too...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.