c-mount zooms?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by mabelsound, Jun 17, 2010.

1. mabelsound

mabelsound Guest

I started a thread about fast zooms over on RFF, and someone commented that zooms faster than f/2 are not uncommon in the cine world. Have any of these been tested out on m4/3? What are your experiences?

2. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I had played around with a few of them, like some Fujinons, Canons etc. Most are TV lenses AFAIK. There are also some Angenieux lenses of which I expect a better image quality but I never tried one in person. My personal conclusion: All the ones I tried showed heavy vignetting at the wider end. Combined with the fact that some of them can be quite heavy and large (i.e. considerably larger than the 14-140), I gave up on them. I remember reading somewhere that there is one Canon 25-100 (I think) that does not show much vignetting, but I did not follow up on that one. If you are happy with EZ zoom and 1:1 picture format, some will be fine. I had a Fujinon 14-84/1.6 that was relatively small and fit without modification, was thinking about keeping it for videos in EZ setting, but then decided I prefer prime lenses.

Hope that helps,

Stefan

3. mabelsound

mabelsound Guest

Do you mean the digital zoom, ie., crop? Nah, I'd stick with primes in that case, too...