1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

C-mount adapter choice

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Gwendal, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Gwendal

Gwendal Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    I have recently got a good price on a lovely Schneider Xenon 25mm/0.95, but can't seem to find an adapter allowing to focus to infinity - has anybody any recommendations ? The one I intend to try next would be the Kipon... Thanks in advance !

2. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Unfortunately, many of the C mount adapters that claim infinity focus, aren't. They are too thick. You can pop the lens and try to adjust it or you can bust out a dremel and shave down the adapter.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ekoe

ekoe Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2010
    Hello Gwendal,
    If you don't feel up to doing the job yourself and would like a clean, professional modification to m4/3 with accurate focus marks including infinity
    stop and upright lens marks... I offer professional modification and service of the Schneider Xenons and many others.
    You can contact me through PM here or via the email address on my site: ekoe camera

4. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    I had the same problem with a Navitar 25mm f/0.95. I ended up searching through eBay and buying 3 different C-mount adapters labeled "slim" or something like that. Three weeks later I found that one of them, indeed, was slim enough to allow infinity focus.

No, unfortunately I don't remember what vendor. But I've also found that the same item bought from the same vendor several months apart may not be identical, so I think a lot of mix-and-matching goes on behind the scenes with the Asian suppliers.

I also remember they cost between $8 and $12 each, so the crap-shoot wasn't that expensive. And I could use the 'fatties' on my other C-mount lenses, which weren't so demanding.

5. Gwendal

Gwendal Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    Looks like a good tip - also bought a more expensive one (Hawk peng)

6. ekoe

ekoe Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2010
    Good choice. The Hawks_Factory (Hawk Peng) C5 type is one of the best. It's my favorite for straight c-mount to m4/3 adaptations and most of my c-mounts mount on it with upward facing marks.
    I believe Hawk's C5 was also the first slim adapter that provided a solution to the 'black screen' / 'lens not mounted properly' error that happens with some thin adapters.

7. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    I've just experienced the same problem with the adapter I'd purchased for my OM lenses. Can't quite get infinity focus. The adapter is too long. They do vary....Have since shopped around and found a shallower one which I'm waiting to arrive. They are quite cheap as as other poster pointed out so don't mind the risk.

8. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Fotodiox didn't but Metabones did ...