1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Showcase C-Mount 25mm f/1.2 (no name)

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by DeeJayK, Jul 10, 2013.

1. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    As with all of the other 25mm c-mounts I've seen, this lens vignettes significantly on the :43: sensor and exhibits the characteristic "swirly" bokeh, but it's a fun little lens nonetheless.

9260325292_b0dd0e530d_b.
    2013-07-10_Croquet_25mm by DeeJayK, on Flickr

Olympus E-P3 + no name C-Mount 25mm f/1.2 (shot wide open)

2. Dramaturg

Dramaturg Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2013
    Ukraine
    Yevgen
    I took this picture with 25mm 1,4 c-mount lense wide open on OM-D body. The lense is of very poor optical quality (very bad chromatic abberations, vigneting, sharpness limited to the center, etc), but regardless of this it produces very interesting images.

9334529559_366e65fb25_b.
    Swirly Bokeh by Yevgen Shatalov, on Flickr

• Like Like x 2
  3. pavlo.boiko

pavlo.boiko Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 8, 2012
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavlo Boiko
    Фантастичні очі у малечі! Гарно.

4. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    For the benefit of others who don't read Ukrainian, here's the Google translation (which is close enough to get the gist):

5. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Wonderful shot. This is a great example of turning a lens' "limitations" to your advantage. The sweet spot in the center and the swirly bokeh work together to really focus the viewer's attention on the beautiful child.

6. Dramaturg

Dramaturg Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2013
    Ukraine
    Yevgen
    Thank you. Indeed, I think you can make some nice portraits with this lense as long as you place your subject in the center and have something surroinding it for swirly effect. I am also pleased with the sharpness of the lense in the very center (it is surprisingly sharp if you focus correctly). I also tried some street photography with this lense and sometimes you can get very interesting cinematic looks.

7. tjdean01

tjdean01 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    Do you have a photo of the lens itself?

8. TheMenWhoDrawSheeps

TheMenWhoDrawSheeps Mu-43 Regular

Jun 15, 2016