C-AF

elandel

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi everone,

Yesterday I was, finally, able to take some shots with my Lucille (Epl-1) and found some annoyances.

Using the kit 14-42 lens in continuos focusing mode the lens never stopped hunting. Instead in single af mode it focused normally.
The same thing did not happen with my 40-150 4/3 lens on the Epl-1 (I have the double kit one).

This was really annoying. Has enyone have the same problem? Is there a solution?

Mojeska

New to Mu-43
Firmware?

Do you have the latest firmware (fixes focus performance, 1.1 I believe)? Other thought may be that the 14-42 isn't as fast (light wise) as the 40-150 making it harder for the camera to focus.

elandel

Mu-43 All-Pro
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do you have the latest firmware (fixes focus performance, 1.1 I believe)? Other thought may be that the 14-42 isn't as fast (light wise) as the 40-150 making it harder for the camera to focus.
Yes, I have the latest firmware. As siin as possible I will do other tests and let you know.
The strange thing is that it hunts but lets me take photos.:confused:

et100

Mu-43 Regular
Yes, same menu location as above for E-PL1.

Mine does the same way: continuous focus as long as i keep the shutter half pressed even after the focus confirmation beep, but I've noticed that if i use CDAF+Tracking then it stops after finding focus... try it.

jbone_p

New to Mu-43
Yes, same menu location as above for E-PL1.

Mine does the same way: continuous focus as long as i keep the shutter half pressed even after the focus confirmation beep, but I've noticed that if i use CDAF+Tracking then it stops after finding focus... try it.
Yes this is the problem I posted a new thread about. I only noticed it in Scene Mode. I have noticed like you that C-AF+Tracking does not exhibit this behavior.:confused:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom