C-AF

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by elandel, Jun 7, 2010.

1. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Hi everone,

Yesterday I was, finally, able to take some shots with my Lucille (Epl-1) and found some annoyances.

Using the kit 14-42 lens in continuos focusing mode the lens never stopped hunting. Instead in single af mode it focused normally.
    The same thing did not happen with my 40-150 4/3 lens on the Epl-1 (I have the double kit one).

This was really annoying. Has enyone have the same problem? Is there a solution?

2. Mojeska

Mojeska New to Mu-43

Jun 8, 2010
    Firmware?

Do you have the latest firmware (fixes focus performance, 1.1 I believe)? Other thought may be that the 14-42 isn't as fast (light wise) as the 40-150 making it harder for the camera to focus.

3. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Yes, I have the latest firmware. As siin as possible I will do other tests and let you know.
    The strange thing is that it hunts but lets me take photos.:confused:

4. sparklehorse

sparklehorse Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2010
    Portland, Oregon
    On the E-P1 you can change that under: Gears-> C -> RLS Priority. I don't know if the E-PL1 has something similar, but it seems likely. Good luck!

Gordon

• Like Like x 1
  5. et100

et100 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    Chicago area - USA
    Yes, same menu location as above for E-PL1.

Mine does the same way: continuous focus as long as i keep the shutter half pressed even after the focus confirmation beep, but I've noticed that if i use CDAF+Tracking then it stops after finding focus... try it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Ok. I'll try and let you know.

7. jbone_p

jbone_p New to Mu-43

Jun 29, 2010
    Yes this is the problem I posted a new thread about. I only noticed it in Scene Mode. I have noticed like you that C-AF+Tracking does not exhibit this behavior.:confused: