1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

C-AF

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by elandel, Jun 7, 2010.

1. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Hi everone,

Yesterday I was, finally, able to take some shots with my Lucille (Epl-1) and found some annoyances.

Using the kit 14-42 lens in continuos focusing mode the lens never stopped hunting. Instead in single af mode it focused normally.
    The same thing did not happen with my 40-150 4/3 lens on the Epl-1 (I have the double kit one).

This was really annoying. Has enyone have the same problem? Is there a solution?

2. Mojeska

Mojeska New to Mu-43

Jun 8, 2010
    Firmware?

Do you have the latest firmware (fixes focus performance, 1.1 I believe)? Other thought may be that the 14-42 isn't as fast (light wise) as the 40-150 making it harder for the camera to focus.

3. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Yes, I have the latest firmware. As siin as possible I will do other tests and let you know.
    The strange thing is that it hunts but lets me take photos.:confused: 

4. sparklehorse

sparklehorse Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2010
    Portland, Oregon
    On the E-P1 you can change that under: Gears-> C -> RLS Priority. I don't know if the E-PL1 has something similar, but it seems likely. Good luck!

Gordon

• Like Like x 1
  5. et100

et100 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    Chicago area - USA
    Yes, same menu location as above for E-PL1.

Mine does the same way: continuous focus as long as i keep the shutter half pressed even after the focus confirmation beep, but I've noticed that if i use CDAF+Tracking then it stops after finding focus... try it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. elandel

elandel Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 16, 2010
    Milan, Italy
    Ok. I'll try and let you know.

7. jbone_p

jbone_p New to Mu-43

Jun 29, 2010
    Yes this is the problem I posted a new thread about. I only noticed it in Scene Mode. I have noticed like you that C-AF+Tracking does not exhibit this behavior.:confused: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.