C-AF...WOW, though not M4/3.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Dave in Wales, Jul 25, 2015.

1. bigboysdad

bigboysdad Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 25, 2013
    Sydney/ London
    Yes, if I was going to get a full frame camera, it'd be a (non faulty) D750 rather than an A7. That's the only system where I can actually see a big enough difference from M43 to warrant purchasing. My wife, kids, house, work and available time and effort to lug that system around are what's getting in the way of that though.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Armoured

Armoured Mu-43 Rookie

May 5, 2015
    I use both an EM-10 and a d750. Both have their place: the EM-10 is small and produces good pictures, much more convenient. The D750 is huge, cumbersome - and cranks out great pictures. Don't get me wrong, the EM-10 is usually more than good enough - but in low light in particular, and fast focus, the D750 has a significant edge.
    Now if I were starting from scratch as a rational person, I don't know that I'd make the same choices, but they're both great. Honestly, I use the EM-10 more, just purely because I don't have the luxury of toting the Nikon around as often.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. faithblinded

faithblinded Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 25, 2014
    Cleveland, OH
    Why is this posted in Olympus Cameras forum? Dave, your threads are seriously getting tiresome. It's borderline trolling at this point. Buy another system, and take yourself to a forum where it is discussed already, if that's what you want.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Would it be too much trouble to move this to the correct forum, mods?
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. edmsnap

edmsnap Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 20, 2011
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Another troll thread by DiW taking pot-shots at Olympus. Shocking.
  6. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 3, 2014
    I'm just going to sit back and drink a flagon of mead while this thread entertains me.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    If one cannot say anything constructive then why say anything at all?

I posted it here because Oly owners are 'always complaining' about the P**s poor C-AF.
    It doesn't bother me one iota as I never use C-AF, but I was seriously impressed.

I'm firmly committed to Oly and love the system, the E-M1 is a fabulous camera and I eagerly await the Mk ll.

It could have been put in the 'Other Systems' sections, but I thought that complaining Oly owners ought to see what is 'possible' with tracking, I had no idea myself.

Now, can we please stop 'kicking' DiW for a while and have a go at another shmuck.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. bigboysdad

bigboysdad Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 25, 2013
    Sydney/ London
    Not sure at all that DiW is trolling - as he says, he loves M43/Oly and TBH, it's not as if he spends his time posting pictures from any other system(s) and going on and on about them on this forum.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    Looks about as accurate as the E-M5II tracking AF that I have seen elsewhere online.

Except the E-M5II is doing it at 10 fps to the D750 puffing at 6 fps :doh:

Except the E-M5II is tracking over the entire image area but the D750 is about 20% :rofl:

But like he says in the video, the D750 is sooooo much better than earlier Nikons. :laugh1:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Gerard

Gerard Mu-43 All-Pro

May 12, 2015
    Vleuten, Utrecht
    Kai of DigitalRev reminds me of Jeremy Clarkson, when he was still funny, some 25 years ago
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. c0ldc0ne

c0ldc0ne Mu-43 Regular

Oct 9, 2012
    You're the first to notice that. Honest.
  12. Gerard

Gerard Mu-43 All-Pro

May 12, 2015
    Vleuten, Utrecht
    As always I am one of the last adopters.
  13. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    I don't think DSLR's having better CAF is particularly news. No particular surprises here.
  14. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    Is it just me or does that goon with the glasses have one of the most slap-able faces around, every time I see his smug smirk I get this uncontrollable urge to punch the monitor.