1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Córdoba (Spain)

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by nachetetm, Oct 19, 2014.

1. nachetetm

nachetetm Mu-43 Regular

Sep 22, 2014
    I recently traveled for family reasons to Córdoba, and I took a few pictures I would like to share with you.
    The city is very beautiful and full with charming streets and alleys, but the mosque and the roman bridge attracts most of the attentions (deservedly, in my opinion).

All the pictures have been taken with the E-M10 and the lumix 20mm f1.7. I would appreciate your comments, so I can keep learning and improving my photographic skills.

As I mentioned, every visit to the city starts and finishes in the roman bridge and the mosque. It is unavoidable ending here, as every street seems to drive you towards these two main atractions.

[​IMG]

Beautiful doors are everywhere in the mosque

14931852953_a743f39f2e_c.

You would find taberns of all kinds

15041025554_c6b4769700_c.

One of the most pinturesque places is the "calleja de las flores" (flowers alley)

14950580064_4beeee2cc7_c.

At night, the bridge and the Calahorra tower look at their best

15528336706_4ec0b480d3_c.

And of course, you will always found beautiful girls all around the city

15365432459_b3a40c964c_c.

I hope you like the pictures. Please do not hesitate to comment them if you feel so :smile:

[EDITED]
    I add a few pictures more, and I made a new processing to the first, and some perspective correction to the third one; I think now they look better (the colours in the first one are giving me a headache, very difficult to process)

El patio de los naranjos (the orange's courtyard):

15475142519_696f938a12_c.

Molino de la Abolafia (Abolafia's mill):

15041654333_752b3890d4_c.

• Like Like x 22
  2. Aushiker

Aushiker Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 12, 2014
    Fremantle, Western Australia
    Andrew
    Enjoyed your images. My only suggestion is with #2 cutting out or composing if possible without the carriages in the photo. They distract, at least for me from your objective, the doors.

Andrew

3. nachetetm

nachetetm Mu-43 Regular

Sep 22, 2014
    Thank you for your kind comment. I framed the second picture with the carriages in purpose, I thought it added a bit of character to the composition, but you are probably right. I'm going to re-compose the picture to see how it looks.

4. ZulSim

ZulSim Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 27, 2013
    Kuala Lumpur
    Any taken inside the Mezquita? That will be a good test for low-light photography.

5. peter124

peter124 Mu-43 Regular

Hope it's not out of line to post this ...

Mezquita.

And thanks, Nachetetm, for the original set. A nice reminder of our recent vacation ... and of all the shots, you 'saw' and I missed!

• Like Like x 2
  6. ZulSim

ZulSim Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 27, 2013
    Kuala Lumpur
    Thanks. Your picture looks bright with ISO 3200 & f5.6 at 1/4". The last time I visited in 2005, it was dark & I was carrying only a point & shoot Canon IXUS 500.

7. nachetetm

nachetetm Mu-43 Regular

Sep 22, 2014
    Unfortunately, I did not get inside the Mezquita during this trip. I has been there many times and I strongly disagree with the price's policy they are applying to the visitors (it enormously increased during the last years). This is quite controversial for many reasons, but I will not get into such a topic here.

However, if you want to check some low-light pictures taken with the E-M10, check my post "Gent and Amsterdam", and you will find there a few examples.

#Peter124, you are more than welcomed to post your pictures in this thread. A beautiful one you made, just a pity to have so many tourists around. Sometimes I found myself waiting for minutes to take the picture hoping the place will get a bit more empty. I was lucky enough to go on October, so the number of tourist was much smaller than during the summer.

8. peter124

peter124 Mu-43 Regular

Thanks Nachetetm. Yes, lots of people around ... at least they are in the middle distance in my shot. In the cathedral section of the Mezquita they were shoulder-to-shoulder!