Bye, Bye, Lightroom ...

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
Adobe are a lot better at creating newly introduced bugs than other vendors

Hypilein

Mu-43 All-Pro
Just wondering if there is any software with cloud syncing that doesn't have a perpetual fee. I think this feature is really the one reason why I caved and upgraded from LR6. The only problem I have now, is that my LR doesn't upgrade because I can't upgrade my OS, because then Sibelius (Music Scoring software) stops working. Upgrading Sibelius costs 300€ (education price) or another subscription (not going to happen, I trust adobe way more than the people running Sibelius). My copy of Sibelius is of course roughly 10 years old (or 1200€ in subscription money).

Just wondering if there is any software with cloud syncing that doesn't have a perpetual fee. I think this feature is really the one reason why I caved and upgraded from LR6. The only problem I have now, is that my LR doesn't upgrade because I can't upgrade my OS, because then Sibelius (Music Scoring software) stops working. Upgrading Sibelius costs 300€ (education price) or another subscription (not going to happen, I trust adobe way more than the people running Sibelius). My copy of Sibelius is of course roughly 10 years old (or 1200€ in subscription money).
Isn't it possible to work with a virtual machine, or a dual boot?

Hypilein

Mu-43 All-Pro
Isn't it possible to work with a virtual machine, or a dual boot?
Possible, but a real hassle. I'm waiting for Sibelius to announce M1 support and will likely upgrade to the rumoured 14" MacBook Pro if it comes out and just buy a new version (perpetual licence) even if it costs a lot. I use it for work and can at least deduct from taxes. I think 10 years is a good run for a piece of software and back then I got a special student discount so I only payed 50€. I might even look around at other Notation software, but even though Sibelius has its quirks I only rarely have to google stuff anymore... If Staffpad gets released on Mac and gets some proper layout functions Sibelius might be in trouble though...

Luckysomer

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Eric
Is anyone unable to import Olypmus ORF Raw files into Lightroom version: 4.4 [891433] Camera Raw Version 7.4? I'm using a Olympus E-M5-III on body firmware 1.1.

I was able to import an old ORF file created in 2019. (LR was importing ORF in May/June 2020 and now it is saying "file is not recognized by raw format in Lightroom". The other odd thing it stopped trying to import when my Lightroom Source count was 10,000. (there where more I deleted 15 images and it tried to import and gets back to the error "file is not recognized by raw format in Lightroom" again

Last edited:
Real Name
John ...
Is anyone unable to import Olypmus ORF Raw files into Lightroom version: 4.4 [891433] Camera Raw Version 7.4? I'm using a Olympus E-M5-III on body firmware 1.1.

I was able to import an old ORF file created in 2019. (LR was importing ORF in May/June 2020 and now it is saying "file is not recognized by raw format in Lightroom". The other odd thing it stopped trying to import when my Lightroom Source count was 10,000. (there where more I deleted 15 images and it tried to import and gets back to the error "file is not recognized by raw format in Lightroom" again
You will need to convert the .orf to a .dng (embed the raw). The E-M5 MkIII file is way too new for your very old version of LR and the version of ACR supported by it.

The 10,000 thing is pure coincidence.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom