Buying parts from Panasonic- never in stock

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Malcolm Schweizer, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Malcolm Schweizer

Malcolm Schweizer Mu-43 Regular

Sep 10, 2012
    US Virgin Islands
    Malcolm Schweizer
    Good day all,

I am trying to buy a lens hood for the Panasonic 45-200 and the Panasonic Leica 14-50 2.8. The 45-200 hood is always out of stock and the 14-50 they apparently do not sell parts at all. I even tried buying a simple lens cap and neither font nor rear cap are in stock. I called for the nearest dealer and they had an old list. The dealer they sent me to didn't even deal their parts anymore. Anyone else have a lead on where to get these? I want the factory bayonet hoods.

Thank you,

Malcolm

2. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    The correct part number for the 45-200 hood is VYC0986, but there's no sign of anywhere to buy it. Last time I needed Panasonic lens bits I went to Sears Parts Direct, but I'm not seeing anything now for the 45-200. Good luck.

3. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Hi
    There is a 45 - 200 hood on eBay UK at £14.99 plus postage
    It is a genuine Panasonic and able to be shipped worldwide Inc USA by the looks of things
    My search was Panasonic Lens Hood - the part number against it on the listing is H-FS045200
    May cost you a little more than you wanted to spend but at least you'll be able to get one
    Seller is mandhphoto Item number 370656066174
    Regards
    Rob

4. Malcolm Schweizer

Malcolm Schweizer Mu-43 Regular

Sep 10, 2012
    US Virgin Islands
    Malcolm Schweizer
    Thanks Rob, I saw that but since I live in the USVI once you convert to USD and pay shipping it became too much.

It seems like Panasonic is not really pushing the parts division. I could understand not having replacement glass or circuit boards, but a lens hood I would think to be in fairly high demand.

5. steve16823

steve16823 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2011
    Brookfield, IL
    Where are you trying to order them from?

I have ordered some pretty obscure Panasonic parts directly on their website:

Parts Ordering

I was able to put the lens caps and hood you're looking for in my shopping cart, but perhaps there would be stock issues if I tried to check out?

EDIT: Looks like the hood for the 45-200 is backordered with an ETA of Nov 9, but the caps for the 14-50 appear to be in stock. To find 14-50 parts, search for the L1 (DMC-L1)

Hope this helps.