1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Buying parts from Panasonic- never in stock

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Malcolm Schweizer, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Malcolm Schweizer

Malcolm Schweizer Mu-43 Regular

Sep 10, 2012
    US Virgin Islands
    Malcolm Schweizer
    Good day all,

I am trying to buy a lens hood for the Panasonic 45-200 and the Panasonic Leica 14-50 2.8. The 45-200 hood is always out of stock and the 14-50 they apparently do not sell parts at all. I even tried buying a simple lens cap and neither font nor rear cap are in stock. I called for the nearest dealer and they had an old list. The dealer they sent me to didn't even deal their parts anymore. Anyone else have a lead on where to get these? I want the factory bayonet hoods.

Thank you,

Malcolm

2. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    The correct part number for the 45-200 hood is VYC0986, but there's no sign of anywhere to buy it. Last time I needed Panasonic lens bits I went to Sears Parts Direct, but I'm not seeing anything now for the 45-200. Good luck.

3. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Hi
    There is a 45 - 200 hood on eBay UK at £14.99 plus postage
    It is a genuine Panasonic and able to be shipped worldwide Inc USA by the looks of things
    My search was Panasonic Lens Hood - the part number against it on the listing is H-FS045200
    May cost you a little more than you wanted to spend but at least you'll be able to get one
    Seller is mandhphoto Item number 370656066174
    Regards
    Rob

4. Malcolm Schweizer

Malcolm Schweizer Mu-43 Regular

Sep 10, 2012
    US Virgin Islands
    Malcolm Schweizer
    Thanks Rob, I saw that but since I live in the USVI once you convert to USD and pay shipping it became too much.

It seems like Panasonic is not really pushing the parts division. I could understand not having replacement glass or circuit boards, but a lens hood I would think to be in fairly high demand.

5. steve16823

steve16823 Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 26, 2011
    Brookfield, IL
    Where are you trying to order them from?

I have ordered some pretty obscure Panasonic parts directly on their website:

Parts Ordering

I was able to put the lens caps and hood you're looking for in my shopping cart, but perhaps there would be stock issues if I tried to check out?

EDIT: Looks like the hood for the 45-200 is backordered with an ETA of Nov 9, but the caps for the 14-50 appear to be in stock. To find 14-50 parts, search for the L1 (DMC-L1)

Hope this helps.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.