Buying OM-D locally in NYC

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by napilopez, May 10, 2012.

1. napilopez

napilopez Contributing Editor

Feb 21, 2012
    NYC Area
    Napier Lopez
    Hey guys, was just wondering if anybody knew of a place I might be able to get my hands on an OM-D(preferably body only, but i'll take whatever) in the NYC area? All the major stores(BH, Adorama, J&R, cameta) are out of course, yet I've heard of many people buying their OM-Ds in local shops. Was wondering if there might be any such place in NYC that I don't know about.

Thanks!

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I would try walking into B&H and asking, because their online stock and in-store stock can be different. Calling ahead isn't a reliable way to find out.

Other than that, I would try calling the smaller stores. Google "camera store new york" and call down the list - worked for me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    @Amin - After 21 pages? :smile:

@Napilopex - The most popular name that keeps popping up is **********.

4. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Call **********, Willoughby's, 47th Street and Berger Brothers. If you don't mind going out to Jersey, there's also Unique Photo and a couple of others. Good luck.

DH

5. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    I just got my OMD and FL300 flash from Focus Camera.

I'd avoid Willoughby's like a plague due to price gouging. They raise prices way over retail when items are in demand. I believe they have an OMD kit listed in Amazon at $300 above retail. Might as well pay Digital Rev's price gouging price instead, and not have to pay sales tax.

6. napilopez

napilopez Contributing Editor

Feb 21, 2012
    NYC Area
    Napier Lopez
    Thanks guys! I found out today I got a refund on my bank account from my college and all of a sudden had an extra thousand dollars in my accounts :D So I'm heavily considering a purchase :p

7. lexnihilo

lexnihilo New to Mu-43

May 8, 2012
    You can check Datavision near grand central - that's where I picked one up. They don't have accessories in stock if you want to make use of the rebate, but they offered to order whichever one I wanted and print me a receipt for both when it arrived.