1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Buying eyecup for Olympus OMD :)

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Bhupinder2002, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Guys :smile:
    I have lost or misplaced my OMD's eye cup and I am just wondering from where to get a new one ?
    Any help or suggestion is appreciated .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

2. LeoS

LeoS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2012
    Do note that EP-11 is different than the original (EP-10). EP-11 protrudes much more (About 2x compared to EP-10?), which has its pros and cons.

The big con (for me anyway) is that it blocks a portion of the screen if you position the camera around your chest height and look down to the screen... which is unfortunately how I often use my OMD.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Your local Olympus dealer/where you bought your camera?

4. kevwilfoto

kevwilfoto Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 23, 2011
    Colorado
    That's a cool option to have, if you use the eyecup a lot in bright daylight.

5. HappyFish

HappyFish Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 8, 2012
    Chad
    lost my stock one nobody seems to have the 10 in stock so ordered the 11 ? will see

almost thinking someway to make them a bit more stay on dont really want to use a drop or two of silicone but seems they come off pretty easy ?

any thoughts on that from anyone ?

since I wear glasses heard mixed reviews on the 11 but worth a shot :)

6. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    I replaced my lost EP-10 from Olympus U.S.A. about a month ago, so I'd check Olympus in Australia.

People say the EP-11 cuts the view for glasses wearers -- that would be me; put them on before I get out of bed and don't take them off until I'm ready to shut out the light for the day.

7. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

HAhaahh I had a look at it and It ships with USD 67 dollars . I would be thankful If someone buys and ships it to me .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

9. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    I keep forgetting that you're Down Under... :frown:

$67 does seem to be a tad expensive for an item that weighs in at about an ounce...

Regards,

Jim