BUYING A USED GH2 with unbelievable usage! IS THIS REAL?

Sep

New to Mu-43
Hi there guys and gals, i've been following this forum for a while (2 years i think). I have contemplated changing over from camcorders to DSLR's for filming all this time and specifically the GH2.

I'm a second year film student and hence have finally decided to purchase a Lumix GH camera, just not enough budget for a GH3 and it's not hacked yet so a GH2 would be the perfect choice for me.

I just purchased a GH2 that looks very mint with only one noticable mark.

Heres the catch, in the temp service Mode these are the counts:

$_57.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

now even i know thats very rare for a 4 year old camera.

Question is how do i go about finding out if this has ever been manufacture refurbished or tampered with or even repaired by warranty?

scott2hot

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
scott
Could be genuine...remember these were touted as film cameras...so user may have done lots of video footage ..just not much photog.
Good luck.

fortwodriver

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Frank
I don't think that is so unreasonable for a casual shooter.
I'm sure my wife's G2 has less than 1000 shots on it and she bought it when it came on the market.
Some people just don't run a lot of shots through their cameras.

Sep

New to Mu-43
Thanks a lot for the reply guys, but my curiosity isnt the shutter count but its only been powered on 128 times, even for filming this is unbelievably low as i for one turn off the camera after a happy take so i can save battery while i set up the next shot/scene

scott2hot

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
scott
Agree with the above...my Bro purchased my old nikon D5100...and does exactly that! four times a year max use.

stripedrex

Do or do not. There is no try.
Real Name
Alex
Thats a great find just enjoy it. I miss my gh2, I hacked mine and the video that came out of it was superb.

dougjgreen

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Doug Green
There are always plenty of cameras that got bought, and then hardly ever got used. It may just have been too much camera for whomever bought it, so it got relegated to the closet and they used their cell phone instead. My mint used E-PL5 had 468 clicks on it when I bought it.

Promit

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Promit Roy
I don't see a reason to be alarmed by this. It was clearly used very lightly but it's not unusual for people to buy gadgets they don't use.

plaatje

Mu-43 Regular
A few weeks ago I bought an Olympus E-p2 with less than 600 clicks on it. Tested it and it works like new . . . Maybe you are lucky too! Enjoy it . . .

pellicle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
pellicle
Rest of the camera looks like that in the shot. Look at KEH for body only and compare price. Is this eBay or private sale from someone you know?

Sep

New to Mu-43
Thank you for the reply everyone, and yeh but its the ocd thing you get with gadgets its too good to be true! lol.

My main question is, is there anyway i can find out if its been repaired or refurbished that could've caused a counter reset?

Sep

New to Mu-43
I've been searching ebay for a good gh2 for a year and finally found it. so yes Ebay hence the root to my doubts haha. although i sell stuff on Ebay myself

Bif

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Bruce Foreman
My main question is, is there anyway i can find out if its been repaired or refurbished that could've caused a counter reset?

Repairs generally don't result in data reset, refurb I have no idea. The low power and shutter count would indicate to me that there is little likelyhood of a repair. If it was a refurb those usually get no amount of use, usually returned because buyer decided they didn't want it so it gets checked over and certified for sale as a refurb.

At any rate it looks like you got a relatively low use camera. The GX7 I bought used from B&H had only 272 "clicks" on it., Flowmotion 2.02 and Sanity 5 are two "hacks": that worked very smoothly on the GH2's I used to have.

Latest threads

Top Bottom