Buying a new imported lens on Amazon

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by griswoldo, Jan 10, 2015.

1. griswoldo

griswoldo Mu-43 Regular

Sep 27, 2011
    I'm tempted to try this instead of buying used, since I have Amazon gift cards. Just curious if anyone has done this and would be willing to share your experience, good or bad. Thanks!

2. Serhan

Serhan Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    I bought Pana 35-100 from a Japanese seller in ebay. It was a quick 7-10 day shipment. I still have the lens. The only risk is the returns or the warranty, but at that time the price difference was justifiable. I had more problems with the P&S recently and managed a return to HK with ebay. So as long as the seller has good ratings, it might be worth it depending on the price difference...

3. griswoldo

griswoldo Mu-43 Regular

Sep 27, 2011
    Cool, thanks for the response. Yeah I figured it'd be the same risk warranty-wise as buying a used lens. Just never dealt with overseas sellers before so I thought I'd ask around. Thanks again!

4. bassman

bassman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    New Jersey
    The Bassman
    Also a good recent experience (so far) with a new 35-100/2.8. Paying a 40% premium for a short warranty seems a bit steep.

• Like Like x 1