Buying a new ep2

pete

Mu-43 Regular
Hello all: Tomorrow I purchase a new ep2, comes with 14-? lens, (forgot the right zoom). I have the ep1 and love the 17mm.....would like any thoughts on keeping that zoom. I am going to sell the ep1 and may just keep one lens....many thanks

Pete

benoly

Mu-43 Regular
If I understand correctly you will either keep the 17 or the zoom? If that is the case I would keep both because you also get 14 and 42 which is wide and short tele with the 17 acting as a normal. And the zoom is so compact and light to also carry along when you need the other lengths. Either way enjoy your EP-2.

Amin Sabet

Administrator
It's nice to hear some love for the Oly 17. I like mine quite a bit as well.

I suggest that you use the 14-42mm zoom for a while before making any decision. Congrats on the E-P2!

Armanius

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Muttley
The AF is faster on the 17/2.8 than on the kit 14-42 zoom. You may want to keep the 17/2.8 for street photography purposes, if you do that sort of thing. Otherwise, the 14-42 is more versatile, and apperture wise, you are losing only about 2/3 of a stop with the [email protected]

On the other hand, you may want to eventually get the 20/1.7, which you can use to replace the 17/2.8. It's not as wide as the 17/2.8, but it AF faster than the 17/2.8 by a little bit, and that fast apperture helps a lot in low light photography.

Congrats on the EP2.

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Don't discount the 17.
I love the 20 but have the 17 on now. It's nice to see again with it.
Besides, it makes a very compact kit with the Pen.

pete

Mu-43 Regular
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
done. sold. keeping the 17 (i really like it) and will hold on to the 14-42 zoom for abit. Love my new black ep2.....thanks all

ahuyevshi

Mu-43 Veteran
Congrats!!!!! I sold my E-P1 and the 17 that came with my E-P2 kit to balance out the purchase... I still have my Panny 20... However I might be selling it soon!

noodlehaus

Mu-43 Veteran
Congrats Pete. There's no other E-P2 like the black E-P2. The level of sexiness that it has is off the charts, and it really makes me look like I know how to take photos :D

pete

Mu-43 Regular
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
hey Rich...grats on your buy as well. cant wait to see some snaps from back home.
take care,

Pete

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom