1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Buying a Billingham from the UK web site

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by berkshiregrl, Aug 13, 2016.

1. berkshiregrl

berkshiregrl Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 26, 2011
    Berkshires
    Peg
    I hadn't really seen this covered so thought I'd share. I'd been looking for a good price on a Billingham Hadley Small on ebay and various camera places. I went to the UK Billingham site to find some info on material/color combos and while I was there I checked the pricing.

The Hadley Smalls started at £107 which is $138 US. The shipping is £15/$19 so altogether it was $157. That's a much better price than I could find for even a used one in the US. Most of the color options were £107. I got the Black canvas with Tan leather.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  2. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Please continue to support the UK economy - we need all the help we can get!

Billingham bags are nice too - I have the Hadley Small as well. Budget for a new liner every few years though - they tend to get "fluffy" if you reposition the dividers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Kpfeifle

Kpfeifle Mu-43 Regular

Nice! If you could, would you post a few pictures of it with your gear inside when it arrives? I'm kind of interested in how much it holds.

4. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Sure - will do. I'm en route back from France at the moment but I'll do it later today.

As a taster, my usual kit is the Panasonic zoom trinity - 7-14 & 12-35 on top of each other on the left with the 35-100 on the right. In the centre there is my E-M1 with the 17/1.8 fitted and the little Olympus FL600 flash underneath. In the pockets I then have a Haida 100mm 10-stop ND filter plus holder (mainly for the 7-14, but it will fit the other two zooms in a pinch) plus an assortment of spare batteries, remote, flash commander and other bits and bobs

5. mcumeda

mcumeda Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    Where did you find that Hadley Small for that price? I looked on the Billingham website, and it shows it at £129.

6. keith1200rs

keith1200rs Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2011
    North Yorkshire
    Probably no VAT if shipped to the USA.

Keith

7. mcumeda

mcumeda Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    I forgot the VAT. Thanks.

8. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
    Clint
    When ordering from Billingham for shipment to the US you will see a different price in the shopping cart. Last week I received a Hadley Pro listed as £170 on the page but it was £141.67 in the shopping cart.

So I saved about $45 USD over buying it here in the states, and the bag arrived in 7 days! Not bad considering from across the pond.

9. Kpfeifle

Kpfeifle Mu-43 Regular

I tried this with a Hadley Small (but did not pull the trigger) and it was 60 cheaper then B&H. When I'm ready, this is how I'll go!

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Mu-43 app