1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

"Buy Together and Save"

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by ad78, Feb 4, 2013.

1. ad78

ad78 Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 4, 2013
    hey there! this is my first post and i am a long time B&H customer.

last friday i ordered E-PL5 and there is no option for discount if you buy a kit plus lens.

now checking on your site and it looks to me if you ordered E-PL5 you can have also get the 40-150mm for $99!!

i'd like to have this if it still possible?? though the EPL5 is still enroute and expecting to arrived today.

thanks in advanced

2. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012
    Hello,

According to Olympus's web site, you need to have purchased the Olympus E-PL5 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 14-42mm f/3.5 II R Lens kit from 01/27/2013 - 02/16/2013. You would have to contact our Customer Service Department and see what can be done. With these promotions, the items must be on the same bill (per manufacturer rules) and your current order may have to be returned and repurchased. Customer Service can help you set this up. cs@bandh.com

3. ad78

ad78 Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 4, 2013
    i purchased last friday and yes with the 14-42mm kit lens $599

this is really hassle if i will return the camera and re-purchased again. as i thought you guys can make an arrangement on how to purchase this lens separately

4. henryp

henryp Sponsor

Jan 18, 2010
    New York, NY
    Henry Posner
    We can only "make arrangements" if the US distributor (who makes and enforces these rules) has given us leeway to do so. Recently leeway has been very hard to come by while enforcement of the rules is considerably more strict with correspondingly draconian penalties for flouting them.

Email your B&H order number and I'll take a look but I am not confident.

5. ad78

ad78 Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 4, 2013
    Henry -

I really appreciate it. I send you an email regarding the order number.

By the way, I just received the camera and its awesome!

Thanks
    Arwin

6. pertgate01

pertgate01 New to Mu-43

Jan 31, 2012
    I asked you to do this for me two weeks ago, and you denied. If the rules change now, and exceptions are being made, I will be very disappointed.

7. henryp

henryp Sponsor

Jan 18, 2010
    New York, NY
    Henry Posner
    If the rules had changed (and it seems they have not) it would have been Olympus America, not B&H, who changed them.

8. ad78

ad78 Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 4, 2013
    thanks Henry for your assistance!