1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Buy the Panasonic 45-200mm if I already have the 45-150mm?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Marine Paethor, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Marine Paethor

Marine Paethor Mu-43 Regular

Feb 17, 2013
    Oregon
    Donny
    I just made the jump from point-and shoot, and just got my new G5 last Thursday. I have the 14-42mm that came with it, and I picked up the Panasonic 45-150mm because it ended up being $60 through a deal on Amazon. I actually haven't even received the 45-150mm yet, it not due until this coming Wednesday.

I now see that Best Buy has the Panasonic 45-200mm for $99. My initial thought was to grab it. But then I started to wonder if it was worth getting because I already have the 45-150mm coming. It seems like it would be a good thing to have the extra distance with the 200, but am I going to end up really only using one of the two, and having the other one just sit there? For practical use will the extra 50mm make that much of a difference?

2. SockHaser

SockHaser New to Mu-43

Feb 22, 2013
    I am a photography noob, so this might not be very useful :p 

I guess it depends on what you shoot. I have have the oly 40-150 and 150mm is quite a bit of reach and for normal shooting I don't really feel the need for more. I guess if you want to photograph wildlife or something you might want something extra, but at that point you might be better off with the panasonic 100-300 or something.

3. charcoalblack

charcoalblack Mu-43 Regular

Dec 26, 2012
    i wouldn't unless you need the extra 50mm. the 45-200mm is a longer and heavier lens if I'm not mistaken as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.