1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

busboy

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by caimi, May 27, 2013.

1. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Caimi caimiphotography.com
    busboy.jpg

Pan G5 Pan14-45mm

c/c appreciated

2. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    I remember doing that job when I was about the age as the guy in the photo. My short stint of restaurant work (busboy then waiter) convinced me I'd rather I'd rather live under a bridge than work in the food service industry. It did make me a rather good tipper, though. Good shot.

3. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Lawrence, me too! It's a job I remember with no fondness.

4. fransglans

fransglans Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
    Beautiful photo, absolutely nothing to add or change. Perfect light for b&w!

5. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Wonderful light and shadows, and for me a crop to die for! There is no Exif info for the image. Please provide.

Thanks.

6. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Pan G5
    Pan 14-45mm at 14mm
    iSO 3200
    1/40 at f4.5
    Processed in LR4: burned background, shirt and arms. Increased clarity on busboy. Decreased clarity on background.
    Cropped and decreased noise.
    Converted to mono in Silver Efex where I enhanced contrast and spot enhanced clarity on face.

7. Bus boyed and diswasher in a North Jersey neighborhood luncheonette at 16. Customer base was mostly laborers, masons, hod carriers and shovel men -- building trades. Most Italian immigrants or first generation.
    Loved it the stories you heard was worth the job. Plus on a rare weekend youd be a hang around lookout for the local floating crap game in the basement.