Burnley Camera Club Annual Print Competition

CD77

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Chris
Or you could stop second-guessing your wins and just realize you make good photographs!
That as well!

To be honest I just put together images that make me feel something, and if the judges like them then that’s a bonus.

CD77

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Chris
A great set of photos and each one so different. I particularly like what you have done to the llama (or alpaca) and can see why that is a super winner. What a shot! What a set of shots!
Thanks @Paulb123 , your comments are very welcome. I try to keep my subjects varied, and actually being part of the camera club helps with that. The Llama (it was definitely a Llama... it was taller than me!) was one of the those shots... you know its going to be good as soon as you press the shutter... but I took 10 shots just in case!

CD77

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Chris
Thanks for showing the really excellent photos.
They are a good antidote to the GAS syndrome I am now suffering.
There must be a good reason to drag full frame ( miniature size in my film days) kit around other than derision or condescension from " good" photographers or photo workshop leaders. It must be bragging rights !!!
Jeff
Good to know that they are helping ease the GAS... although I'm suffering with it a bit at the moment now the prep for the annual is done. I've currently 3 gaps in my kit, fisheye, macro & long telephoto, that I want to fill over the next year... not desperately so, but I find that new kit can be an impetus to try new things which can help keep things fresh in my images.

CD77

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Chris
Well done ... as a SPF judge I get to see lots of images and judge at many competitions. I can easily say, you are a deserved winner.

That will you be out of the beginners section then .....
Wow @TheLaird ... those kind of comments from an SPF judge is very heartening, national level judging is a very high level indeed! The beginners section I'll take as club level, consistency at this level is something I've been working on and the results at the annual were a culmination of improved results over the last year.

The next step for me is regional comps (intermediate level I guess), of which I've only entered a few as they don't come up very often. My local regional is Lancashire & Cheshire Photographic Union (L&CPU), in my first year I didn't get anywhere at all, but in last years I got much better scores and even managed to get a print in the folio that goes around the clubs in the region. The next regional comp is in May and a few of these are under consideration for entry.

CD77

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Chris
Woohoo what a great result - well done @CD77 👏👏👏
I particularly like ‘ if looks could kill’
Thanks @Robstar1963 , it's greatly appreciated. 'If Looks Could Kill'... the look is real and given by my daughter after about 50 or so photo's in quick succession whilst we were on an evening out at a Light Sculpture festival, each shot gradually got her back up more and more eventually getting the daggers seen in this image!

Wow @TheLaird ... those kind of comments from an SPF judge is very heartening, national level judging is a very high level indeed! The beginners section I'll take as club level, consistency at this level is something I've been working on and the results at the annual were a culmination of improved results over the last year.

The next step for me is regional comps (intermediate level I guess), of which I've only entered a few as they don't come up very often. My local regional is Lancashire & Cheshire Photographic Union (L&CPU), in my first year I didn't get anywhere at all, but in last years I got much better scores and even managed to get a print in the folio that goes around the clubs in the region. The next regional comp is in May and a few of these are under consideration for entry.
I would encourage you to look at other club’s open comps. Just enter and see how you get on.

http://www.britishphotographicexhibitions.org.uk/index.php/list-of-exhibitions

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom